cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suicyco
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Over Heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my note 9 freeze and overheat as well. I could not turn it off for about an hour untill battery went flat.  I then found out you can hard restart with power and volume button down at same time. Still not happy as it has done it twice now.

Suicyco
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 9 has also become extremely hot on 2 occasions.  1st time I couldn't turn it off and had to wait untill battery went flat.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userKhvYZwL7Qg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am considering purchasing the Note 9, but i am concerned about the overheating issue, and each time it has been reported, it drops off into a private conversation. has this issue of overheating been resolved??

@SamsungHeath wrote:

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. In order to do so, can you send us a private message here with the below details?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is not abnormal for the phone to get a bit warm while in use. You never want the phone to get too hot to touch though. We typically get you into privates when we suspect the phone may be getting too hot to touch so we get more specific information from you and have our specialized team reach out with options. As long as you can comfortably hold the phone, you shouldn't need to worry. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userEuHT3zyfvT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Note 9 for almost 4 months now and this is the worst phone I've ever had. Has collection of problems: Overheating, glitching, app crashes and..... They don't refund my money as well. I will definitely switch to Apple as soon as I have the money to purchase one. 

Customer service is bad!!! Couldn't talk to a manager after 3 times calling them. 

Wait for the consequences Samsung! Shame on Samsung! 

@SamsungHeath wrote:

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. In order to do so, can you send us a private message here with the below details?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userEuHT3zyfvT I apologize for your frustrations. I would be happy to assist you. What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

TONEYCROSS
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is such a ridiculous post. Can you not get a refund and have to resort to trashing the Samsung name? This phone has a cooling system 3X larger than the Note 8 and S9 and S9+ but yours is SO hot you cant hold it... give me a break

HarleyRob
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bud, before you speak use some of those brain cells.  My phone stays in the 90f most the day and around 6am it hits 107f and starts shutting down applications.  I have ran into this at least 3 times now and believe me it gets really hot, maybe not burn me but uncomfortable enough to lay it down away from everything and see if it explodes.

Even if this has some new way of cooling, my phone gets down to 70f rarely, and 90 is what I see on normal use.  Heck Samsung should have me BETA test their phones! I am a heavy user and this kind of freaks me out, especially when I paid $1300!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?