Constellation

Re: Note 9 Over Heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too facing the over heating problem 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userBkWzND2soB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started about a week or so ago, but it only happened twice.  This week I experienced the "freeze" twice.  I've started to just restart the device to see if that helps.  Are these issues coinciding with push updates?  Also, having survived the Note 7 Apocolypse, does it help to essentially drain the battery here and there and then recharge?  I've started letting it get down to under 15% at home and then letting it charge (while on) back to 100%.  If I'm doing this in vain, please let me know. It's like I'm babysitting my phone (yes, I have grown kids, and I lovingly babysit the phone).

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Wicked68
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On first run, when you are transferring and reinstalling all your apps, it runs a little hot, but this shouldn't persist. If it's a constant problem, send it back

userQ3mZaheXqc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a problem with my Note 9 when I am taking pictures. It gets very hot and has shut down the camera app and one time went completely black. This is the only time I notice it getting hot. Is there a setting I have wrong that won't work properly if the camera is on a long time?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, I edited and accepted a current accepted solution for everyone. Mind following the steps listed there so we can escalate this for you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3c7EkRKaAo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened 3 times today to me too! I shut it down - left it 10 min in front of cold air conditioner - but after I started again and started the camera it got really hot again on the left side about 2 fingers down from the Bixby button and it shut down the cameras with a Warning notice - too hot to take photos!! "Please wait for phone to cool down"

Annoying as I need to take pictures right now!!! What's going on?? 🤔

userPkncgL2fYu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is overheating a couple minutes into a game. Played same game on my Note 8, no problems there. One day with my Note 9 and I'm experiencing issues already. I've also owned Note 4, 2, 1. No problems until the 9...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userPkncgL2fYu, can you send me your full model code and IMEI number here?

userBkWzND2soB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This doesn't solve the problem, but keep one of those freezer gel packs handy (not the ice ones, the small ones with the gel inside usedfor first aide). When your phone overheats, put a thin towel or a thin cloth around the cold gel pack and put your phone on top.  The phone will remain dry and the cool gel pack will be pliable enough to provide a soft cushion--effectively chilling your phone quickly.  At least it won't stay hot and you won't have to hold it by the air conditioner.