cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pierhh
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 Over Heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah all games.With default google or Samsung apps start from 35-38 degree celcius with this room temperature.Display brightness is less than half.

I found out that this happens only when you hold your phone side ways with power button at buttom.

All cpu, hdd,camera and most important chips is lining below volume buttons, so when you hold with this angle all heat goes up there and make more heat.If you hold  other way around with power button at top, the heat pipe under cpu works really well releasing the heat.But you cannot hold this way because Samsung made the earphones hole at wrong place.You will noway play games with earphones hole with this position since its blocking your hand to HOLD THE PHONE!

For me this is just detected phone..You must redesign the position of pen, chip and earphone hole propery.. The heat problem is really important for smart phones to use all the other high resolution feature such as display quality,multi tasking, frame rate,etc.

Rinocom
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my Note 9 since launch.  It has got hot from time to time, but nothing like my Note 5 used to.

That is until recently.  The last couple weeks there has been a noticable performance drop and it's been getting pretty hot.

Today I was rearranging my workstation and decided to use an extra monitor as a Dex station.  I hooked the Note 9 to a Type C adapter and everything looked good.  About 15-20 minutes after I hooked it up, I decided to endulge in a little Star Trek goodness while I worked.  I played about 15-20 minutes when the phone started warning that it was overheating and that it was shutting down various apps.  After another 3-5 minutes, I finally got a message that my game was going to be shut down in 20 seconds.  After it did, I unplugged the phone from the adapter and it was extremely hot.

Now, I understand that smartphones get hot under load... but the Note 9 was marketed with the Dex functionality.  I can't say that this has happened while using Dex before on this phone, however I never really ran it in the mode for an extended amount of time.

Is this a degredation in the product's abilities?  Or is this just exposing either a design flaw, or manufacturing defect?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience any of these symptoms when your device isn't using the Dex functionality?