cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 9 -Phone App with Dark Mode - Names get blacked out when searching for names using the dialpad

I love using the dark mode on my galaxy note 9 but have run accross this issue.  Please see the picture below.  When using the dialpad in the phone app to search for a contact it highlights what I've already typed but then blacks out the rest.  Inside it's not a huge deal, even though it's still hard to see, but when I'm outside and it's sunny I can't see the black whatsoever.  I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me and if there are any solutions to it (other than taking dark mode off)?  Also, where can I submit this to Android to get it fixed?  Right now I have Xfinity Mobile but previously I had Verizon.  Had the same issue on both so it's not a carrier issue.

Screenshot_20200617-100217_Gallery.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Note 9 -Phone App with Dark Mode - Names get blacked out when searching for names using the dial

I just tried it on my phone and found that mine is the same way.  I've always either used the contacts setting or through quick lists on my edge screen.  Interesting.  Got no idea but I'm gonna be following this one.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 9 -Phone App with Dark Mode - Names get blacked out when searching for names using the dial

Not an issue Samsung wants to fix... I love dark mode, but had to move away from it for this very reason... its a shame that samsung doesn't do a better job at fixing issues like this...