cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNqap8UGBun
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 black

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Wrong, only the blue and purple are being released in the U. S.
userhRc4LuSO1C
Asteroid

Note 9 - What the Heck, Samsung?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My husband and I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Note 9 to update our extremely outdated phones.  We just updated our children's phones to the S9+ last month.  We have been a Samsung phone family for 6-7 years and had no plans on changing that...until, perhaps, now.  Why in the world are blue and purple the only colors available in the US???  Black should be a standard across the board in the very least.  My husband did not want a phone that looks like a teenager owns it...he wanted a professional looking phone in an ADULT color.  I can't even say that I am happy with the color choices (or lack thereof).  Samsung, are you trying to send us to the Pixel 2 or 3???  I am not sure how much longer our current Samsung phone will hold out...when will the US have better color options...or do we just need to select a different brand of phone?

Highlighted
userbEApfDIEz6
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 - What the Heck, Samsung?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're getting me over the colors. I mean you talk about adult colors while acting like a child. Calm down. You can still put a case or skin on it.

userhRc4LuSO1C
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be paying $1250 each for a phone that we are likely to be keeping for several years.  Unlike many, we would be buying the phone outright and not making paymemts or doing yearly upgrades.  The case selection as of now is very limited and why would you want to spend that kind of money on something only to have to cover it up?  That would be like buying a painting and displaying it with a drop cloth over it.  Additionally, a case would do nothing to cover up the crayon looking SPen. 

It is not childish to want a color that is professional and we are not the only people who would rather have a plain black phone over something that looks like it came from the crayola factory.  They missed the mark with their marketing (which shows with their current state of market sales/share in mobiles). 

As far as getting "me" - I am not sure what you are referring to.  Did you mean "mad"?  If so, then you also missed the mark.  We aren't mad.  We are disappointed and unhappy with their decision.  Their decision affects our decision - no anger, just money diverted elsewhere and, from other comments and articles we have seen, ours isn't the only money looking for other options.

TaySki da TechFan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your disappointment due to the color options. It is pretty annoying these companies gives us a few colors and then a couple months later "introduce" a new color that should have been released from the beginning. I think black and white colored phones should just be standard.  I preordered the blue one because my S9+ is the lilac color. I am not sure what phone you are currently using but from the S7s but more specifically  S8s and up, you would most likely want to put a case on it due to the all glass factor. These devices are slippery as heck. 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhRc4LuSO1C wrote:

We would be paying $1250 each for a phone that we are likely to be keeping for several years.  Unlike many, we would be buying the phone outright and not making paymemts or doing yearly upgrades.  The case selection as of now is very limited and why would you want to spend that kind of money on something only to have to cover it up?  That would be like buying a painting and displaying it with a drop cloth over it.  Additionally, a case would do nothing to cover up the crayon looking SPen. 

I get why you want a black phone and I think it's a totally reasonable desire. I am also confused why they only offer those two colors, especially on a phone that's considered the most professional oriented out of their line up. With that said the only suggestions I can offer are: 

1. If you're going to spend over $1300 on each phone after taxed, why wouldn't you protect your investment with a case? I guess not so much of a suggestion, but my honest opinion.

2. If you really don't want a case, check out D-Brand, they have some nice skins, very inexpensive. I have one on my S9+ and it looks good. The phone is already black on the front, you can cover the back with a black skin and you will only have blue sides, but it might look ok.

3. As far as the S-Pen goes, I personally think there should have been at least an option to take a yellow one or a body color pen like all other models. The only thing I have for this one is that you can buy a different S-Pen, but that's of course an additional expense. Maybe that's their goal, idk.

4. Do you guys have to have the most expensive one? Do you really think you need so much internal storage for $250 extra? You can invest in a memory card + case or skin + S-Pen and still save some money. 8 gigs of ram, while sound awesome, is just another gimmick at this point to try to get you to spend more, 6 does just fine and at the rate OS updates are coming out for Samsungs I don't even think there is any reason to worry about future proofing.

CtrlZThis
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Geno71 wrote:

@userhRc4LuSO1C wrote:

I get why you want a black phone and I think it's a totally reasonable desire. I am also confused why they only offer those two colors, especially on a phone that's considered the most professional oriented out of their line up. With that said the only suggestions I can offer are: 

1. If you're going to spend over $1300 on each phone after taxed, why wouldn't you protect your investment with a case? I guess not so much of a suggestion, but my honest opinion.

2. If you really don't want a case, check out D-Brand, they have some nice skins, very inexpensive. I have one on my S9+ and it looks good. The phone is already black on the front, you can cover the back with a black skin and you will only have blue sides, but it might look ok.

3. As far as the S-Pen goes, I personally think there should have been at least an option to take a yellow one or a body color pen like all other models. The only thing I have for this one is that you can buy a different S-Pen, but that's of course an additional expense. Maybe that's their goal, idk.

4. Do you guys have to have the most expensive one? Do you really think you need so much internal storage for $250 extra? You can invest in a memory card + case or skin + S-Pen and still save some money. 8 gigs of ram, while sound awesome, is just another gimmick at this point to try to get you to spend more, 6 does just fine and at the rate OS updates are coming out for Samsungs I don't even think there is any reason to worry about future proofing.

I have to agree.  Case is needed and desirable for the amount of cash being dropped on this, why wouldn't you want to protect it.  I've never broken a phone, but I'm sure going to protect it in case I do.  

As for the memory.....could not agree more.  I really dont see any reason that I would ever need a terabyte of storage ever.  My external harddrive is that large and all of my raw camera images and photoshop files dont come within range of that.   But that's me .... 

userQwdJ2YNavA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe I'll like the blue. I'm also very surprised the black isn't available as a standard option. Big mistake as far as a business phone. Can't wait to get my blue one though. I just need it for fun. 

userYJd7eL4BpI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Considering that people will be dropping at least $1000 for this phone, majority of people are gonna actually care about the phone and what it looks like. Even if u slap on a black $20 note9 case, it won't cover the whole thing perfectly (like if u were to juat buy the black one), AND we haven't even touched on the fact that you cant get a case for an s-pen. So I'm not really acting like a child, I just want to buy an $1000 phone in a color i wont regret.

userxXpaAI5ncR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think the color choices are awesome! A case is going to instantly go on the phone so it's not that big of an issue. I have the 512 GB lavendar one coming at 1250 bucks. No way it's not getting a case the minute it comes out of the box at that price. The case I ordered is clear because I am excited to show off the lavendar color and get peoples attention to brag on all the amazing feature of this phone. Black is not a color to bring attention. But I understand about wanting the professional look. But again, a case will fix that issue