cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwV98sQAQ5W
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 - What the Heck, Samsung?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously? Since when does a case cover the entire phone without showing any of the body color? What about the crayon-yellow s-pen???

If I'm buying a phone I want it in a color I'm happy with. I had to get the s7 edge in silver when my third Note 7 was recalled and I hate the silver color to this day. I signed up for pre-order notification and even bought a case for the Note 9, but I'm not ordering it in blue or purple. My money, my choice.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The thing is if you just can't have blue, it's entirely your choice, I won't blame you for that. I'm not sure if you were responding to me or someone else, but all I'm saying is that a case will cover most of it. I like Samsung's own silicon cases, and the only visible colored parts will be the bottom of the phone where posts are and a camera module / fingerprint scanner. There are further ways to cover things, D-Brand makes a skin for the camera module too, and S-Pen can be purchased in a different color.

Now I get it, trust me... those are additional expenses and no one should have to spend more money, those are just the option that I can think of. Otherwise for anyone who wants to wait or try to get an international model, or something else entirely, I say I don't blame you. It's unfortunate but you're entitled to your choice.

userd3SxheLUlq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told by Samsung that only Blue and Purple are available for PREOrder. 

But as soon as the phone is out it will be available in black and other colors.

Lets hope its true.

userQ1CeLmr3Dj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree who cares about the color use a case

CtrlZThis
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now that I have a case on my N9, you honestly couldn't tell if it was a Black or Blue device......until I pull out the #7 yellow pencil....I mean S pen!

user8qdzGmEDdX
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So true ...sounds like a child to me ..i love my cloude silver note 9 ..its the sexiest color 

userwV98sQAQ5W
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been a Samsung Note user since the Note II. I had to turn in three (yes 3) Note 7 devices (the s-pen was faulty on the first, the second was due to the recall and replaced with a *fixed* unit, then the third was when the *fixed* unit was found to not be *fixed*).

I stayed with Samsung and purchased the S7edge, but all they had were the silver models. I was very much looking forward to the Note 9 in midnight black, but the only color options in the US are Lavender (I'm a man) and Ocean Blue (I'm not a tennager who wants a "look at me" yellow s-pen).

Now comes the decision - order the S9+ in black, or switch phone manufacturers. I just convinced my wife to switch from the iPhone to Samsung for the s9+, but now I regret it. I could not be more dissapointed in Samsung for their decision to force professionals and power-users to choose between phone colors that look like children's toys.

user2lz51aWHis
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung what are you doing??? I have the note 8 and I'm happy with it, but I was going to upgrade to the 9 for the battery and new features. Not offering a basic color is a deal braker.

How you don't offer a basic black phone makes no sense and your marketing team dropped the ball big time with this decision. 

Highlighted
userNqap8UGBun
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, Samung what are you doing??? I was going to purchase but I'm not going to spend $1200 on a color I don't want. They're going to have another sales flop until they open up all the colors to all markets. Hope you're listening Samsung! You got this really wrong

@userhRc4LuSO1C wrote:

My husband and I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Note 9 to update our extremely outdated phones.  We just updated our children's phones to the S9+ last month.  We have been a Samsung phone family for 6-7 years and had no plans on changing that...until, perhaps, now.  Why in the world are blue and purple the only colors available in the US???  Black should be a standard across the board in the very least.  My husband did not want a phone that looks like a teenager owns it...he wanted a professional looking phone in an ADULT color.  I can't even say that I am happy with the color choices (or lack thereof).  Samsung, are you trying to send us to the Pixel 2 or 3???  I am not sure how much longer our current Samsung phone will hold out...when will the US have better color options...or do we just need to select a different brand of phone?

userhRc4LuSO1C
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok.  So I am still not happy that we only have 2 colors to choose from...but our phones have started to glitch pretty badly, so we didn't have a choice. 

My husband and I are getting the blue ones.  That said, we actually got to see the phones themselves on display at Best Buy.  The blue doesn't really look like the color on the computer screen...and neither does the lavender.  The lavender is one of those colors that changes with the lighting...it looked more pink/silver to me.  I really did not like it at all.  The blue does not remind me of an ocean blue...but a very deep, dark sapphire blue...nearly a navy/black.  The S Pens did indeed look like crayons.  I still HATE that look - but I have no choice at the moment.  I will be buying a black (or even the copper/brown) S Pen once those colors come available  for purchase in the US.  That yellow is just ridiculous.

I also noticed that the phones were absolutely COVERED in fingerptints and smudges (they had been on display less than 24 hours at the time).  It was so covered it was kind of gross and fairly off-putting.  A case is going to be a definite must. 

Having seen these 2 colors I am not sure I would have liked any of them other than the black...and I probably would have preferred a flat black rather than a gloss.  However, I still feel that consumers should be able to buy whichever of the 4 colors they want.  It is their money and, at this price point, it is a small investment.  A case doesn't hide the fact that you are settling for something that you do not like.  On a smaller price point, it is similar to going to your favorite restaurant and they give you the menu to select your meal...even though they handed you the complete menu, your specific table can only order 2 specific items from the menu...the table across from you has 2-3 others but not the ones you can get.  It is just silly.

And no case completely covers the whole phone.  (Kind of like the screen protectors don't cover the whole screen - a whole other issue and pet peeve, I know).