cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: No Black U.S. Note 9?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was looking forward to the 512GB version in BLACK. I won't have it in any other color. So, having only purple and blue to choose from is a deal breaker. I might keep my note 8 another year or start looking at the other phones on the market. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously you people will abandon a professional smart phone over a color?

Get a skin or a case!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kurt2112 wrote:

Seriously you people will abandon a professional smart phone over a color?

Get a skin or a case!

Absolutely!! I'm paying $1,000 plus. I don't think it's unreasonable. Especially considering that it will be available in black from other countries. If color didn't matter then why would they put it out in different ones??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No black Note? Are you kidding? C'mon man; c'mon... I was ready to come back home from my iPhone 8 Plus. Looks like, I'll be getting the new iPhone 6.5" device coming out instead. Oh, and that also means that I will not be picking up the new Galaxy Watch either.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. This is a bad decision by Samsung. I really wanted to purchase the note 9 but it looks unprofessional in blue and pink. Also seems like a shameless plug to best buy. I can't walk into a meeting with a bright blue phone with a yellow stylus and expect to be taken seriously. Consider me very irritated as long time customer.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm pretty sure they wanted neon green plaid or purple paisley for the pre-orders

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really hope they start selling the black version stateside. I am rocking a s7 edge and a gear s2, I was planning on preordering the black note 9 and a galaxy watch, but no black for the note 9 is a deal breaker. Hopefully they just aren't manufacturing the black yet and once they do they will sell it in the US. Its ridiculous that a phone can be almost $1300 and you can only choose from 2 polarizing colors.

Edit:  looks like the black is available for preorder in the UK.  I wonder if there is a physical difference or if we could get them shipped over here just by purchasing them through a UK supplier (after they get stocked).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been waiting for months to get the note 9, I really need a new phone!

And now I am just not gonna get it!!

Color is extremely important, especially on something that you use constantly every day! 

How can you not offer at least a black version (if not even more neutral color options) on a flagship device designed for professionals in a country like the US?!?!

Business professionals or in general whoever has a specific clean style and aesthetic will never get a colorful phone!! How big of target market is that? Worth losing it? For what?

I understand the marketing of pushing the blue and yellow version to get people go "ohh that's the note 9" and get it more recognizable throughout the mass, but Samsung!!!! You are going to lose lots of sales because you don't offer a neutral color option!!

And if I may, you really may use some 2nd opinion on marketing. 

Your company is huge and could sell so much more.....feels like your head of marketing is working against you. 

Let me know if you want some help, no kidding. 

Customers 1st and what they want, Social trends, Mindset Trends, Macro Trends....

How are you keeping up with your communication like that?

And by the way making fun of apple can make people laugh....but how about you look at what your biggest competitor does best instead and try to beat it on that?

I could go on but.......I should seriously get paid to say more. 

Good luck with this marketing. 

You have great products and you are marketing them wrong. Kinda sad.

You can reach me at marziaguarino@yahoo.com

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can live with the available colors... lets face it, 99% of us are going to be putting them in cases anyway.

BUT that neon yellow S pen that comes with the ocean blue model is SO cheap and just plain bad looking! When we preordered our phones at Best Buy, thats what everyone was talking about... how good the lavender s pen looked, and how bad the yellow one looked!

It looks like a cheap replacement bought to replace the original one that was lost.

In the past, Samsung has sent gifts to purchasers as a way of thanking them.... how about offering us a free swap to a proper colored s pen that matches the ocean blue body, instead of making us embarassed when our freinds laugh at how ugly the yellow s pen looks?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely agree with you! Samsung just jumped over a dollar to pick up a penny.  I've contacted customer service twice and both times they said they don't have info on it right now, but could be announced soon.  I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe South Korea is getting hit with higher tariffs on exports to the U.S.  If they are, then Samsung is trying to get a better ROI by selling the most popular colors where they aren't being hit as hard with tarrifs. My own .02...