cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 S-pen is not connecting to the phone.

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Daniel B
Asteroid

SamsungLarry I don't know how to do that. And I don't know how that would help anyways.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Safe mode is used to help determine if an app is causing the issues or if the issue is hardware or software related. Typically if the issue happens while in safe mode then it means the issue is likely hardware related and service repairs would be recommended. You can get into safe mode using these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216817/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user24O1YY8lAq
Constellation

Same with mine,did you find some useful idea?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user24O1YY8lAq Do you have a case on your phone?

Highlighted
userNQkoJF73Jx
Astronaut

Re: (SOLVED) Note 9 S-pen is not connecting to the phone.

I was having issues with my S-Pen. It wasn't registering on the screen and when it did the pointer was misaligned. It also wasn't taking pictures. I tried reseting, checking the settings, etc.

I discovered it was my wallet-case (which had small magnets to close) causing the interference. Phone works fine without the case. I figured other Note 9 users would run into this problem and I just wanted to share. 

Christyca
Astronaut

This was my issue too except it took me a while to figure it out!
usern9goN5ZJjb
Astronaut

I have the same problem with the magnetic case: s pen is working perfect without the magnetic case. With the magnetic case doesn't work.

Samsung will solve this problem with an update of a software or not?

user1OjZ3fFv8o
Astronaut

Me too. I've  complained to my provider who sent a new phone and the same thing has happened again. I was beginning to think it was me being a pratt. I'll take it the high street store and let them see what's up

user4W4r3nSBNd
Constellation

That happened to me and after a few tests, I realized that it was the phone case magnet, wherever is located the magnet you are going to get that dead zone, go with cases with no magnet and you going to be fine.