Original topic:

Note 9 Screen Discoloration, Flickering, Faded, Black Display Issue/Bug

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 10:36 AM)
Hunaid786
Asteroid
Options
Note 9

Video Proof attached.

Received OneUI 2.5 November Patch a week ago on my Unlocked Galaxy Note 9. Started having an EXTREMELY ANNOYING display issue after that. I performed a soft reset, cache partition clearance, and then a hard reset, but nothing seems to fix the issue and I can confirm it's a software/update bug. Phone was working perfectly fine before the patch/update. Kindly fix this IMMEDIATELY.

Model No: SM-N960U1

Build No: QP1A.190711.020.N960U1UEU5FTJ7

Note 9 One UI 2.5 Screen Display Bug

8 Replies
userAVKd570dgt
Constellation
Options
Note 9

Hello Samsung, I was always a loyal (at least till now) customer (currently owning Galaxy Note 9 + Galaxy Tab + Galaxy Watch)

After months of having this Screen discoloration on my Galaxy Note 9 (that I am questioning how or why did that happened in the March 2020 Update) and that you are simply refusing to fix (forcing people directly or indirectly to change their screens or buying new phones) which I both refuse to do of course. Knowing 100% that it is a SOFTWARE issue.

So my question is: is this malicious problem gonna happen in the next Galaxy Note Gen Phones (so that maybe we think is our fault and buy again and again?)

Please let me know so that I plan to change to another brand and move all my people with me.

Sincerly,

your disappointed customer.

userR1qCQLdc2a
Constellation
Options
Note 9
I am experiencing same issue since last 2 weeks. Tried every possible solution (clearing cache, running in safe mode to identify any faulty app but I found none and finally did a factory reset) but nothing helped. Read somewhere even after changing the display the issue is still there so for sure it is a software issue. I have been using samsung products since last 10 years but the cold response from samsung on the issue is really disappointing. Thinking about moving to apple may be.
userAVKd570dgt
Constellation
Options
Note 9

Anything was working for me either as you mentionned, the only solution that I found lately is to go to: Settings - Lockscreen - Activate the "Always on display" option and then, each time I want to use my phone, I have to tap two or three times on the locked screen and when it displays the informations like clock and so on, I unlock it.

It's so outrageous to be obliged to do this on a 800+ Phone, but I hope it will work for you as well.
(at least till they will be aware of this solution and shut it down again).

In all the cases, I'm done with them, this will be my last Samsung experience, I'm just waiting the perfect time to switch to another brand.

userR1qCQLdc2a
Constellation
Options
Note 9
Thanks for the info. I am also kind of done with Samsung. Don't want to switch to apple, will try to look for other android alternatives.
userBd1oNJCjej
Astronaut
Options
Note 9

My Note 9 screen suddenly started becoming discolored and green at random intervals. Turning brightness all the way up seems to help, but doesn't fix the issue. Will Samsung still accept it for the trade-in program? The screen still functions, this is not due to damage or misuse, and is clearly a hardware or software issue.

userBd1oNJCjej
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
Update: Samsung did accept my Note9 as a trade-in at full value. so at least there's that. I was fully prepared to make them ship it back to me and return my new S21 along with all the accessories if they hadn't
userBrDvLVCvfF
Constellation
Options
Note 9

Well my note 9 just started doing the same thing as everyone else. I have tried to fix it by following advise online to no avail. I know samsung dont care about a fix as they already have my $1000 for the phone. I will never buy another samsung product. I refuse to pay upwards of $300 on top of what i paid for a fix for a problem not created by me.  I already talked a lady out of buying a samsung phone in bestbuys yesterday after i told her what was going on. And i will continue to advise people not to buy your products.

usercWLl46zsPK
Astronaut
Options
Note 9

Im also experiencing the same issue. At first I thought it was just my eyes.. that I get to see blurry at tumes because Im tired but it gets worse and worse everytime.. now Im suffering with some silohuette whitish on a dark mode set up.  Can see vibrant colours anymore with my note 9 as before.. did you hear anything from Samsung about it?

0 Likes