cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Shuts Off After Seconds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing was happening to me. After reading your comment I did the same thing and disabled the fingerprint scanner and it seemed to fix my phone from shutting off.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problems same day too 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS IS the 100% FIX to this issue. You disable the figerprint access now your phone will not shut down, the issue is with the fingerprint sensor, it got wet or damp. Now to fix it, take 70% or 99% rubbing alcohal and a cue tip and lightly soak it around the sensor 99% is recomened but 70% worked for me. Let it dry out on its own, turn on fingerprint sensor, if it shuts down it will usually take way longer if it does, if is shuts down, repeat process and WALLA ALL FIXED, and fingerprint sensor will be all normal and phone done. DO NOT do all this reset stuff do this first befor restting. THIS IS THE FIX. If this does not work then reset do all this other stuff then send it in if this does not work. Worked 100% for me. love it 

@useri2vAjtznon wrote:

@SamsungQue

Hey, yes, it still happens. Also fotgot to mention that I did a factory reset yesterday and it worked fine until sometime this morning. What's also strange is that althought the phone looks like its not On, the notification light blinks in a consistent  pattern.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I was woundering if you can help me with my galaxy note 9 I'm having the same problem with these same people, my phone keeps shutting off and on constantly and the led light will still blink here and there can you please help me thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercGHUXAlNB1 Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message at this link: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just had this happen on my wifes Note 9. Once the screen locks on its own, the phone powers off. 

What is going on with this? I did clean the phone in the sink because it had some food on it, but it wasnt submerged for any amount of time. 

Just a quick rinse. It started happening after that. These phones are suppose to be water resistant right? Whats the use, if I can't clean the phone off real quick under the fauset. I did disable the FP scanner and that seems to help. But this isn't a FIX, this is a work-around.

Its been factory reset, I have cleared the cache in recovery, I did try it in safe mode. I also ran a diagnostict on the FP sensor via the phone keypad with   *#0*#   then select "Sensor" scroll all the way to the botton and you will see "FingerPrint Test" select "Normal Scan". On my Wife's Note 9, It reads

MTP test = Fail 

Dear Samsung, these phone are way too expensive for little things like this to happen. 

I am very unhappy... 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have run into the same issue have at solutions been found
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVZV4fSz8Td

Hello, 

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have run my phone in safe mode, I have factory reset my phone, I have removed my sd card I have cleared my cache, I'm virtually out of troubleshooting methods. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVZV4fSz8Td

I understand this can be frustrating. Can you provide me your full model number and IMEI in a private message here.