cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usern6uMNGLqvF
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 - Unable to send group text messages

I currently have three conversation that won't let me reply.  Each one only has 2-3 people on it.  Looking at all my texts and conversations I can't see any consistency regarding the carrier or phones they are using (Android, iPhone) so I don't think that is it.  

Also, I noticed that for Most of my messages and group conversations, each message in it says MMS next to it.  When I open the a text or group conversation a very annoying message almost always pops-up at the bottom for a moment that says "converting to multimedia message...".  For some reason, this doesn't happen on a few text messages, however.  When I open one of the conversation that don't work, I don't get that pop-up.

I wonder if for these conversations aren't working because the app is not converting it to an MMS?  Is there a way to force the conversation to convert it to MMS?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usern6uMNGLqvF Are the group messages you are able to respond to are the ones you created? 

usern6uMNGLqvF
Asteroid

The ones that don't work look like they were started by someone else.  However, there are others that were started by someone else that are working. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode? Are the ones not working started by people from the same carrier?

usern6uMNGLqvF
Asteroid

I don't think there is any difference with the carrier.  It was still an issue when I was in safe mode.  There's nothing that I can see that is unique about the afflicted conversations.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is there an error message you're are receiving when the symptoms are happening?

usern6uMNGLqvF
Asteroid

Nope.  Just the grayed out words "Unable to send messages.." in the spot where I should be able to type a message. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out directly to your carrier for further assistance.

usern6uMNGLqvF
Asteroid

I just switched to Google Messages for my texting app.  So far, it does not have this problem.  I am able to use it to reply to the group texts that Samsung Messages can't.  I would suggest that anyone with this problem give another texting app a try until Samsung gets this fixed.

useryCl3CVSzxC
Constellation

I had one previous group text that came over from my Note 5 that no longer allowed me to send messages...all the other group texts that transferred are fine.  Weird.  I checked every setring I could think of.  The one that wasnt working anymore was one with my parents, so I never tried deleting the chain and restarting because I didn't  want to lose our old conversations. Anyway, thanks for the google messanger tip.  I switched to that and can now text them again!