Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userShoXb3pEyK
Cosmic Ray

Note 9 - Weird vibrating camera issue when zooming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no idea what's going on with my Note 9. When I zoom in, my phone vibrates like it's receiving a call on vibrate and lasts a long time. I believe it is coming from the camera lens motor to adjust the aperture. I tried it in different lighting too, and I even reset camera settings, but it did not work.

It has been vibrating before, but not as much, so I thought it was normal. Now it is vibrating for literally 25 seconds straight. I'm sure that's not normal. It's pretty loud too; it sounds like a battery powered shaving razor. 

Today, a suspicious car pulled up in front of my neighbor's house and I tried to zoom and take a picture of the license plate, but the photos are blurry because of the vibration (I still let him know, and it was just an Amazon package delivery)!

I bought this phone brand new (pre-order) factory sealed, from a trusted and verified retailer about a month and a half ago. I absolutely need a functional camera and this should not be happening. I can provide proof if needed.

I appreciate all and any help!

Update: I took my Note 9 to uBreakiFix. They determined that it was an OIS component defect and repaired the device for free. They replaced the entire camera.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 - Weird vibrating camera issue when zooming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and still experiencing this symptom; we can look into this further. Please send us a private message with your model, IMEI, and serial number to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

80 REPLIES 80
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with all apps?

userShoXb3pEyK
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happened very briefly with WhatsApp but doesn't with Snapchat. Still, I can't really do anything on those apps except take simple photo and video. The default camera app has what functionality I use the most and that definitely has a problem. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

userShoXb3pEyK
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did as you said and I didn't notice any vibrating when zooming. I think it worked, and I hope it won't happen again. If it does, I'll let you know. Thanks for the help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome.

userZZt3uf9xBv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem. My Note 9 camera vibrates while using x2 zoom option in auto mode. I followed your instructions, but I still have this problem.
userShoXb3pEyK
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still have the problem. I did the reset but it still persists. I was trying to zoom in to take a picture of the sunset yesterday, but it was vibrating and the camera wouldn't focus. I had to take the picture with no zoom. I have a video of the issue occuring, and I can post more if needed. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Videos of problem: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soa5Se9VZb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUqkJX326RM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUek7nJ1btE

My Note 9's camera is strangely vibrating when I zoom in. I cannot take stable and clear photo/video. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem.
Uploaded by Funner Time on 2018-10-14.
Uploaded by Funner Time on 2018-10-14.
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

go to ubreakifix for that

userSqzaMkbx1Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue for me as well.  Live focus doesn't work either.  I've done all suggested troubleshooting steps.