Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 - Weird vibrating camera issue when zooming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSI9dCCW5N5 Please send a PM with your model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, have you tried clearing the cache of the camera app? Below are some troubleshooting steps for clearing the camera cache:

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) > 
 camera  > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.  
 Restart Phone

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I tried that as another person suggested. At first it seemed to work, but the issue came back. I posted video links of the issue in the thread too. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you test this out to see if the happens in Safe Mode? For steps to put your device in Safe Mode, please click on the link.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTam yes sir.  it happens in safe mode.  i tried that.  it is definatly a problem in the camera hardware going lose after some use.  Even if i shake the camera close to my ear, i can hear the camera hardware making clicking sound as the result of moving around.  Abviously this is impacting multiple users and i now have 2 busted Note 9s with the same exact issue.

did you wactch the video i posted?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, I just tried it in safe mode. I haven't used it before so it took me some figuring out, but I still have the problem. Another user posted that this might be a hardware problem, and that may be the case. The vibrating sound seems like it may come from the adjustable aperture switching back and forth rapidly, or even being stuck on something making the motor run. This problem may be something software cannot fix.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and still experiencing this symptom; we can look into this further. Please send us a private message with your model, IMEI, and serial number to the link.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i'm also having this problem,  should i PM you as well

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, please private message us with the requested information.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. What can I do?