cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Red Giant

Re: Note 9 - Weird vibrating camera issue when zooming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did u take it to ubreakifix and have them diagnose?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, immediately they noticed it was an OIS (optical-image stabilization) defect in the camera. They replaced the entire camera module for free. I dropped my phone off and they had it done in 3 hours.

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

nice~!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still no response on this.  I'm getting pretty frustrated.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I'm having the same issue now with my note 9 and im planning to get it fixed.  So far, did the vibrating happen again?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all, 

I can also confirm this issue. 

Camera Vibrates on live focus and zoom and is distorted. I have cleared the cache so seems like a hardware flaw. 

Can a Samsung rep comment on next steps here? 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userShoXb3pEyK wrote:

Yes, immediately they noticed it was an OIS (optical-image stabilization) defect in the camera. They replaced the entire camera module for free. I dropped my phone off and they had it done in 3 hours.

Yep, this is the same issue being reported here with many folks with the same problem. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-9-Questions-and/Note-9-Buzzing-sound-when-Zooming-Ca...

I replaced my Note 9 once and had to do a camera module replacement on the 2nd because of this issue. No official communications from Samsung around this. A $1,000+phone with an obvious camera design issues that are plegging many users.

I sold my Note 9 after fixing it. I am done with Note 9 for now. Been a note user since Note 4 but having to deal with this same issue twice on 2 different Note 9s did it for me. Currently using Pixel 2 XL. I'll re-asses how things are looking few months after note 10 comes out. But I doubt I'll be back. Good luck to all.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, I pre-ordered my phone befor the official realese in the market, and I have been using it since then, now I am in Rio for a vacation and I can't zoom in to take pictures! My vacation got ruined because of this! I have a lot of pretty moment that I wanted to capture but I have to take all my pictures without zooming in! This is really frustrating. 

The vibration starts after the x2 zoom, and the picture becomes so blury, I have a video I was shooting and it was clear until I zoomed in to a mountain when the video became totally blurry.

If you found the solution please let me know!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSI9dCCW5N5 I certainly understand your frustration. Have you tried resetting the settings in your camera app? Also, Does this happen when your device is in safe mode? If this issue happens when the phone is in safe mode, a service repair would be recommended.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! resetting and clearing data did not solve the problem, even while in safe mode the problem still happen!