cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 - Weird vibrating camera issue when zooming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersocfkCrCyX Can you send a PM here with your full model number and IMEI?

userGp44iX3AJ5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 9 is Universal 128GB and I purchased it 2 month ago at BestBuy.

I realized that Auto mode zoom more than x1.4 will have camera start making buzzing sound.

Zoom more than x2.0 will start focus gets blur with silight bigger buzzing sound.

If I change camera mode to Live Focus mode, then live Focus mode will not work too.

Camera cannot get any focus from this point in Live Focus mode.

I tried multiful cache memory data clear and resset but this issue comming back in couple of zoom tries in Auto mode.

Last week, I had my phone get software updates and it's note mentioned some camera SNR improvements but I still have this issues.

userBYF3mSlBmE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do you attached ur note9 to a motorcycle or a bike, mine developed the same issue. I'm guessing vibration has to do something with this issue.

userHsPIiFe2pU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  How do we get this addressed in Canada?  Are you repairing the phones or replacing them?  If repairing are you restoring the factory seal and if so,  what gaurantees are you providing on the repair?  I spent almost $1000 on this phone and its unacceptable that a core function of the phone doesnt work. After having a bought a note 7 and having to return it due to fire recall.  I feel like I made a big mistake buying another Samsung.  You would think Samsung would make sure that the phones they produce are not defective. This is beyond absurd and another black eye for Samsung.

userSI9dCCW5N5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I tried to do that, I reset the setting, cleared the data and Cache and restarted my phone, nothing changed! As I zoom in the vibrating happens!

useroEl923wuvB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same with mine, it is only the 2x camera unit that has this behaviour. Cleared camera data and restarted to no avail.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroEl923wuvB Can you send a PM here with your full model number and IMEI?

userShoXb3pEyK
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is persisting still. I was trying to get a picture of the sunset yesterday and could not zoom because the vibrations made the shot so blurry. That really sucked because it was a nice sunset. I'd like to have a functional camera, having paid $1,000 (cash) for my Note 9 and only having it for about 45 days now. I have never dropped or damaged my Note 9. Before this phone I had a Galaxy S8 which worked perfectly.

Videos of problem: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soa5Se9VZb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUqkJX326RM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUek7nJ1btE

My Note 9's camera is strangely vibrating when I zoom in. I cannot take stable and clear photo/video. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem.
Uploaded by Funner Time on 2018-10-14.
Uploaded by Funner Time on 2018-10-14.
Highlighted
MartinNote9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issues because you dropped the phone?

user3zB9PmC4zK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue . I tried wiping the cache and data and restart trick, but no luck. Still vibrating.