cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userShoXb3pEyK
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 - Weird vibrating camera issue when zooming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is persisting still. I was trying to get a picture of the sunset yesterday and could not zoom because the vibrations made the shot so blurry. That really sucked because it was a nice sunset. I'd like to have a functional camera, having paid $1,000 (cash) for my Note 9 and only having it for about 45 days now. I have never dropped or damaged my Note 9. Before this phone I had a Galaxy S8 which worked perfectly.

Videos of problem: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soa5Se9VZb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUqkJX326RM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUek7nJ1btE

My Note 9's camera is strangely vibrating when I zoom in. I cannot take stable and clear photo/video. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem.
Uploaded by Funner Time on 2018-10-14.
Uploaded by Funner Time on 2018-10-14.
Highlighted
MartinNote9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issues because you dropped the phone?

user3zB9PmC4zK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue . I tried wiping the cache and data and restart trick, but no luck. Still vibrating. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3zB9PmC4zK, Can you provide us with your model code and provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user7QzgykwWyh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey my Note 9 also does this but after trying what you said it is still doing this vibrations. It is only when zooming in brigt conditions. Can you help me?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userQ8oTXEtCN7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Even i am facing same problem. Whenever i try to use 2x zoom and live focus mode my phone starts vibrating and all pictures are captured blur. I tried the way you said like go to settings>app>show system apps>camera>force stop>clear data>clear chache After doing this problem still persists, but as much as it was before. And after this i am not able to record videos in UHD . Its like this setting has disappeared from my camera. Please help me. I am an youtuber and i record all my videos through my note 9. And i don't wanna record just in full hd. I want to record in UHD
userGmolhnMPC3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It didn't work for me

userKeeTj04zTm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem I face,when I zoom the picture quality is not clear and i can fill the sound coming from the camera.its a very expensive fone but it's not working as how it should be working.looks like it's a factory fault.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this issue happens when the phone is in safe mode, service repairs would be recommended. Please message us for further details.