Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userhRHPMHmdji
Asteroid

Note 9 audio output

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This morning, an issue began with the phone's audio. Audio output seems locked to the phone's speakers. Even when connected to my car's bluetooth (media audio enabled) and with headphones plugged in.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userhRHPMHmdji
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 audio output

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I restarted the phone and everything is working like normal now. 😅 thank you for your time

16 REPLIES 16

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhRHPMHmdji I'd like to look further into this for you. Just to clarify, when you're trying to play audio through either the car or headphones, does it still play through the phone speakers, or does it not play at all? Also, could you provide the model number, baseband version, and carrier? 

userhRHPMHmdji
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: SM-N960U1

Baseband: N960U1UEU1ARH2

TMobile

The audio does still play on the phone's speakers, the headphone jack is clear of debris and I've tried 2 sets of headphones (including the ones that came with the phone)

The bluetooth seems to function like normal as well (minus not actually playing on my car's speakers) 

Thank you for your swift response!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhRHPMHmdji Thank you for that information. Does this only happen when you are playing music, or does it also happen when you are on a call, or streaming video? Also, could you confirm if you have Adapt Sound enabled? 

userhRHPMHmdji
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the headphone output is working now (no changes made by me) 

The Dolby atmos option also originally boosted sound quality/volume, but now the option is only selectable when playing off headphones or bluetooth (working as intended I think?)

I was able to get sound from a phone call onto my gear s3, but not media audio (spotify, YouTube, etc.) on the watch, car or home speakers.

Edit: the adapt sound option is on default

Edit2: the volume control seems to only affect phone call volume, while the option to control media volume is selected on and not during phone calls.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhRHPMHmdji Glad to hear it's all working now. Let us know if you have any other questions! Smiley Happy

userhRHPMHmdji
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I restarted the phone and everything is working like normal now. 😅 thank you for your time

userbmPsjNCkaj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've restarted my phone and it worked! but I've had to do it 3 different times now!  is anyone else having the same issue with their audio port.  I'd hate to have to do it every single time I want to play music. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes.

Device maintenance > App issue report

user3aoDVbx5wI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I seem to have the same or similar issue.  When I plug in headphones, it does not disable audio output by the phone.  In the past, phones would detect a set of headphones being connected and switch to the headphones for output.  That doesn't appear to happen on my Note 9.