Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sopopc123
Constellation

Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@nizmoz44 wrote:

Was this issue fixed after the latest updates?  Can everyone confirm?  I am about to pick one up again on swappa after I saw on another site that people seem to not be having the issue any longer.

Samsung released the updated version to the carriers some weeks ago now.  T-Mobile pushed it some weeks ago.  The fixed version ends in "ARL1" for the US and it completely resolved the problem.  I can't speak to when other carriers have/will release or what their version # ends in because I have not been following them.  I suggest you start reading the thread from page 72 onward.

810 REPLIES 810

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Sopopc123 What settings do you have the camera set to? Also, does this happen every time you use the camera, or just some of the time? 

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem  Happens all the time.  Camera just freezes for about 3-5 seconds.  Video is worse.  What can be done about this?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Knavely Is it saving to internal storage or onto an SD Card?

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was saving to SD then I changed to internal storage.  Same problem.  Someone mentioned Smart Stay may be causing the problem. Can you confirm?

userq4Fy2zSSw1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine has the same problem. It freezes the window, then everything comes back to normal. It doesn happen too often but... you know its never too much to report that. I was eager to buy one, I even made a video comparing Note 9 to iPhone Max 9 Check it out: https://youtu.be/h9JoZBbttc8 Alright, I hope everything works fine for you
TyeGeek
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with mine and my husband's 512gb blue t mobile note 9. We've tried enabling/disabling all camera settings, system cache reset, factory reset, app cache reset... A lot of things that you wouldn't expect an average phone user to do to have such a rudimentary feature working without long stutters where you can't take a picture. What troubleshooting steps can be done? I'm open to anything to have a fully functioning device...

userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have freezing/lagging issue too. I have the 512Gb snapdragon model SM-N960U1. If this is a software issue all user with this model should have the problem. We're all running the same Camera version and firmware.

TyeGeek
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hundreds read this thread yet only 45 replied. Is it possible our phones are defective?