cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userw4gSnL1Lph
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I tried those steps and they didn't help. I tried those steps with my Note 8 too... Didn't help. I tried a full on factory reset and that didn't help either and no one in here will get satisfaction from your help, because most of the phones are flawed and Samsung knows it! EVERYONE: TAKE YOUR PHONES BACK IF YOU ARE WITHIN 14 DAYS AND GET A NEW ONE AND KEEP DOING THAT EVERY 14 DAYS UNTIL SAMSUNG FESSES UP WITH A RESOLVE!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the force stop, clearing cache, and clearing cache for the camera, and it didn't help at all. I did a full factory reset without signing into my Google account or installing any apps, and the exact same issue happens. I've then signed into my Samsung account and updated just the apps from the Galaxy store, and the exact same issue happens. I'm without words that you all have not claimed that this is an issue, and taken ownership of this problem despite how many users are having issues with the camera app. It's one of the main features of the phone. I guess I'll contact T-Mobile for the returns process since my Note 8 works way better than this phone.

usersRqzQEl6yf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as well. On a 2nd note 9 . 

Nothing like trying to take a photo of your kids and you miss the moment because the camera screen is frozen. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my unlocked US model.

The lag doesn't happen in Auto mode. Only in Pro and Panaroma.

When the lag occurs, you hear a faint click of the camera hardware. It's the exact same click of manually switching the aperture. In pro mode, manually switching from 1.5 to 2.4 manually triggers jitter every time. Otherwise the image just jitters and lags when you move it around in pro mode. Each time it jitters you hear the aperture switching sound even though the aperture hasn't changed on screen. 

Clearing cache and force stopping the camera app doesn't work. I restarted my phone and now the lag is gone. But it'll probably come back.

Model SM-N960U1

Baseband N960U1UEU1ARH2

usersRqzQEl6yf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Restarting does help 

userTJlndxL3eA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked out for me. My camera starts with blurriness, in 5 seconds it sharpens. This problem was delaying my photo shoot when capturing the moments. Easy clearing of cache and data made it better...for now.

Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. When positioning the phone to take a picture I often see the screen freezing before I even press the button to take a picture. I have the TMobile note 9, 128 with sd card. My pictures are set to save to SD card.

Highlighted
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add my name to the list. This is so frustrating! The problem is not constant, many bugs usually aren't.  Whether simply using the finder to set up a camera, video shot or actually capturing video, the screen often freezes. The frozen frames are captured in the video. Sometimes, an obtrusive ticking sound appears during video playback, coinciding with the stuttering. This is horrible, since I have missed so many important moments. This bug makes the Note 9 camera absolutely useless. Samsung, please fix this ASAP!! I'm considering returning the phone. I am using a 256GB Samsung Evo Select SD card from Amazon, however, I am saving video to internal storage only. I only use the SD card to store music. My phone is the blue 512GB Note 9, model number: SM-N960U.

userFMGHXDZCZd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just noticed this on my note 9 while trying to record video. I hope the update fixes this issue

Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The update didn't help me. The update was installed in 9.25.18 ver info below.

Software update information
• Version: N960USQS1ARH6/N960UOYN1ARH6/N960USQS1ARH6
• Size: 98.57 MB
• Security patch level: September 1, 2018