cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SL321 wrote:

Well I was very hopeful on this update but after 2 1/2 days the freezing has now started again. Guess it's back to square one 

Can you try wiping cache partition? 

Or a full wipe? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went ahead and wiped cache partition I will let you know in a few days if it has an lasting effects 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The thing to do at this point is to tweet this forum's link to every source in the technology press that you can think of. Try to find specific reporter's accounts, not the company's account. Two months is enough time for Samsung to say something about the status of this issue. It's time to try to exert enough pressure to force them to say something.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jeffcarp That is a great idea, share your finding when you find out. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bump .

I need to find a cheap way out of this note 9 mess. I was thinking of getting a pixel 3 and leaving att for project fi but I feel like I'm in phone jail because the phone still has like 1000 left to pay off. But it's useless. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userYCRnZLWn84 wrote:

Bump .

I need to find a cheap way out of this note 9 mess. I was thinking of getting a pixel 3 and leaving att for project fi but I feel like I'm in phone jail because the phone still has like 1000 left to pay off. But it's useless. 

Agreed! We're all pretty mad. I had no idea Samsung was so irresponsible. Not a peep from them and it's been over a month and a half for many of us. It sort of speaks to a lower class of company for sure. I will probably be giving this phone away and going back to Apple. I don't feel it would be ethical for me to sell it on Craigs's List, so I'm definitely stuck. We all appear to be.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thought I would follow up. I gave up on Samsung and got Verizon to send me a new 128gb note 9. After 2 days the problem has already come back. It appears that we are indeed stuck. Very disappointing and somewhat difficult to believe lack of response and customer service from Samsung. I recently switched my entire ecosystem from the Apple watch, iPad, and iPhone to Samsung Note 9, Galaxy Tab, and Galaxy watch. I like the watch and I really like the tablet but the phone is the main part. It has completely ruined it for me. Unfortunately I am to financially deep to Simply Jess go buy another phone but when the time comes it will likely be back to an iPhone or more likely to pixel series.

Michael

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MikeBates wrote:

Thought I would follow up. I gave up on Samsung and got Verizon to send me a new 128gb note 9. After 2 days the problem has already come back. It appears that we are indeed stuck. Very disappointing and somewhat difficult to believe lack of response and customer service from Samsung. I recently switched my entire ecosystem from the Apple watch, iPad, and iPhone to Samsung Note 9, Galaxy Tab, and Galaxy watch. I like the watch and I really like the tablet but the phone is the main part. It has completely ruined it for me. Unfortunately I am to financially deep to Simply Jess go buy another phone but when the time comes it will likely be back to an iPhone or more likely to pixel series.

Michael

Yep pixel sounding better and better. Project fi too I'm sick of carriers being in the way. Carriers should just be a pipe not a hindrance to updates  

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MikeBates wrote:

Michael

Your experience of going to Verizon, replacing the phone, and then having the same problem is exactly what Samsung needs to hear. Call Samsung and email their office of the president. 

The more people that complain about this issue, the faster they'll resolve it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So... Just got off a call with Samsung support. 

Their "fix" was to force stop the camera app and then clear both the cache and data.

This does fix the issue BUT it's a temporary fix.

I told the technician on the phone that I've performed these steps before and that the resolution is only temporary. 

His reply? 

"yes, well, when you use the camera app and other apps that access the camera, you will have to wipe the cache and data from time to time to restore functionality". 

That's not a fix, Samsung. That's a bandaid and I have to restore my camera preferences every time.