cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@BWilliamsKY wrote:

So... Just got off a call with Samsung support. 

Their "fix" was to force stop the camera app and then clear both the cache and data.

This does fix the issue BUT it's a temporary fix.

I told the technician on the phone that I've performed these steps before and that the resolution is only temporary. 

His reply? 

"yes, well, when you use the camera app and other apps that access the camera, you will have to wipe the cache and data from time to time to restore functionality". 

That's not a fix, Samsung. That's a bandaid and I have to restore my camera preferences every time.

If they just give you this kind of blowoff answer, ask to speak to their supervisor. 

The purpose of the call is to make sure they escalate your issue so that it actually gets reported. If they just tell you to restart you phone or wipe cache on the app and then blow you off, nothing gets reported.

If nothing gets reported, this problem will never get fixed

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send the phone in so they can inspect it. Yes I know is a waste of time but this way it will get reported if it's not resolved after inspection SCREAM to get a new phone this way We might have a slight chance of them noticing and doing something about it!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@BWilliamsKY wrote:

So... Just got off a call with Samsung support. 

Their "fix" was to force stop the camera app and then clear both the cache and data.

This does fix the issue BUT it's a temporary fix.

I told the technician on the phone that I've performed these steps before and that the resolution is only temporary. 

His reply? 

"yes, well, when you use the camera app and other apps that access the camera, you will have to wipe the cache and data from time to time to restore functionality". 

That's not a fix, Samsung. That's a bandaid and I have to restore my camera preferences every time.

You have to send an email to the office of the president demanding a phone call. Don't waste your time with uneducated support agents located in a far corner of the world. They can't help us; their level of sophistication is on-par with that of grade school children when it comes to debugging issues involving a cell phone. My 12 year old nephew can do way better. Wait for Samsung to call you back, then level with them.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Office of the president does have the ability to expedite the "repair" by sending you phone back within 3 days instead of 9.

Someone just posted how they went to Verizon and got a replacement phone and ended up with the same camera issues. So I don't see how a "repair" is going to do anything.

But they did tell me that if they can't repair the phone, they will discuss next steps as far as compensation or return/exchange.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm about ready to give up on Samsung after this ordeal. Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem. What gets me is how are only a handful of us having the problem? All I know is Samsung is dojng absolutely NOTHING to resolve the issiue. I guess I'm going to just start getting replacements until they find the problem.

I'll tell you what though, this will be my last Samsung phone I buy after this. The camera is one of the most important things of a phone  and right now it's almost useless. I really wish the Pixel 3 Xl wasn't such a disappointment , or I'd be selling this one right now. 

Maybe the new LG or something like that. But this is such a disappointment.....im so done with Samsung after this. It's a shame too because everything else on this phone is perfect. But Yea this camera is useless.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still no repair or admission by Samsung. Just crickets.

So disappointing.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung will not admit an issue with their phones after the big time problem they had with Note 7. Ignore and hope people get tired of yelling to a brick wall...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not a hardware problem, evidenced by the fact that the Camera App cache and data can be wiped and the camera behaves for a period of time until the app cache and data 'refill' and become buggy again. (It's probably just the cache. I'll test that out next time it misbehaves).

It's simply poor cache management and/or a conflict of cache deposited by another app on the phone that accesses the camera (facebook, snapchat, etc).

This cache/data wipe is the same scenario as wiping/restoring the phone (the very long way to go about wiping the cache/data, or a brand new phone presented with empty cache/data).

It's a software bug/glitch that can be fixed. It just appears that it could be the fault of 1 or two out of  100 different apps that access the camera. I can understand why it would take a long time to suss that out, but it's still incredibly frustrating.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found that I needed to remove all camera based biometric data. I just rely on fingerprint for now. I then had to get rid of Samsung pay from being a swipe up on home and lock screens. I've been glitch free since then. I feel like it is some sort of camera based biometric and Samsung pay error. I would be interested to know if people that are having this issue have Samsung pay setup or not and if they are using camera based biometrics.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been using biometric data to unlock as well, but removing it (and doing a cache partition wipe afterward) didn't help.