cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome to hear! Will keep you guys updated.

Thanks so much for your help! 

Highlighted
usert4wh4YFCap
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely interested in the results of this. I received what I believe could be referred to as the "main" update about a week ago, didn't notice any changes. Infact today any time I would open my camera there was easily a 2-5 sec freeze. This is unacceptable for what I'd deem as the best device on the planet right now. No other Samsung phone I've had has ever had this problem.

I'm not sure about these 2 additional updates and there doesn't seem to be a way to track whether or not they've been received since they don't change the baseband or build numbers.

This needs to be fixed soon!

I'm on AT&T with a 512gb.

Baseband version
N960USQU1ARJ7

Build number
M1AJQ.N960USQU1ARJ7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole

Been testing my camera since the ARJ5 430MB update earlier this morning. The freezing has come back and it's the exact same behavior as before. Pro mode freezes, and taking pictures while the image is freezing causes the Camera Failed error message.

Guess I'll have to wait for the 2 additional security updates then

My baseband is N960U1UEU1ARJ5

Predator
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the revision no?

Predator
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to setting and chk reviosion no : Hardware rev.

userT80yY1KMxL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately My screen cracked the other day and I had it replaced  I also let it be known the Camera was freezing before the screen cracked. After completion, Samsung Technician ran diagnostics  and I got it back the same day. Camera hasn't been freezing since but then again i haven't used it as much. I'll keep you guys posted. 

Cheers 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Predator wrote:

Go to setting and chk reviosion no : Hardware rev.

I don't see anything for revision number or hardware rev in settings. 

Predator
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Go to Setting then About Phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't see anything about hardware revision in the About section. Do you mean Model #? Mine is SM-N960U1 

userClZZ2Gts0w
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same camera problems. I know that on the 26th of October the camera did fine in pro mode. After that it was problematic with freezing and very slow respons. I don't know for sure but was there an update on the device after the 26th of october? I thought there was. Is it possible to give it a roll back?<br>Please Samsung fix this problem in the pro mode. <br><br>Greeting from the Netherlands.