cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jeffcarp wrote:

Samsung's handling of this has been horrible. Consistent and constructive feedback and criticism is warranted. That said, all that many of these comments do is ensure that the two Samsung employees will decide that they are wasting their energy participating in forums like this

Unfortunately, they are, at least when it comes to actual problems with the phone. The moderators seem well-intentioned, but their job is to stonewall us. This forum serves as an impenetrable barrier between the customers and anyone at Samsung who has direct knowledge of the problem or the authority to do anything about it.

ZEOS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Of course it's currently working fine but it was rebooted. That is the one thing that makes me believe it is a software/firmware issue since the issue goes away for a time after rebooting.

Cyberweasal
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed it alot more when I'm trying to scan a barcode. Very frustrating 

userBVBAc08TkG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this experience as well on my note 9. Quite unfortunate that this phone would have such major problem. 

blacknet101
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

....the fact that this issue is still ongoing is sad...its been months since it got reported and still no fix....

I love the camera but can ever hardly use due to this bug or whatever is wrong with it 

nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was this issue fixed after the latest updates?  Can everyone confirm?  I am about to pick one up again on swappa after I saw on another site that people seem to not be having the issue any longer.

userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@nizmoz44 wrote:

Was this issue fixed after the latest updates?  Can everyone confirm?  I am about to pick one up again on swappa after I saw on another site that people seem to not be having the issue any longer.

Samsung released the updated version to the carriers some weeks ago now.  T-Mobile pushed it some weeks ago.  The fixed version ends in "ARL1" for the US and it completely resolved the problem.  I can't speak to when other carriers have/will release or what their version # ends in because I have not been following them.  I suggest you start reading the thread from page 72 onward.

View solution in original post

userpwGsqutPxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. SM-N960U AT&T

userpwGsqutPxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to call AT&T and they were able to force push updates to my phone. It took 24 hours for the first one to be available, but then there were 3 more everytime I checked for updates. It was almost like they were holding back sending updates to my phone because it was mostly security updates each time. 

I haven't checked the camera yet, but hopefully this helps people who haven't received the updates yet. 

userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-Mobile pushed the Pie update a few days ago... CSB3... Camera still works fine since the ARL1 update and the Pie update did not change that.  Smiley Happy