cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayJayN
Constellation

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup sadly the issue is through out the usage of the camera app no matter if it's video or photo mode it freezes unless I restart the phone and hopefully the issue doesn't come back while I'm recording a video or taking an important photo. As much as I love this phone, it makes me want to use my Note 8 just for the reliable camera.

user9N7x70cXJl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just dropping in to let you guys know, that it seems a possible camera fix is released in Hong Kong. Unlike previous "security fix" this update mentioned an update to camera stability. AFAIK it's only available in Hong Kong for now.

userYCRnZLWn84
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another reason im leaving samsung next phone. Regional updates. Just let me update antwhere like windows. If you neeed to control regional software except for translation  your software is done wrong. 

Highlighted
userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told the resolution would be in the next update, so hopefully this is it!  Let us know if it works.  Smiley Happy 

user2tIkvccR2n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope you or one of you suffering through this problem can check if the battery lasts just as long after this latest update that's coming. I have a feeling it maybe a hardware problem and the fix is not a fix but rather a workaround that requires more energy which would obviously hurt battery life. Hopefully you guys will figure it out in short time. 

user9N7x70cXJl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2tIkvccR2n wrote:

I hope you or one of you suffering through this problem can check if the battery lasts just as long after this latest update that's coming. I have a feeling it maybe a hardware problem and the fix is not a fix but rather a workaround that requires more energy which would obviously hurt battery life. Hopefully you guys will figure it out in short time. 

I'll try to post an update after a few days of use. So far no camera lag but as you guys know sometimes rebooting makes the freezing problem go away for a few days.

userpb0cKZjumw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone tha the two Samsung reps to request an update on their end? Thanks .

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpb0cKZjumw hey there's been a fix sent within the latest update that should resolve your problem. Updates are sent out in waves, it's possible that your device hasn't received it yet.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYCRnZLWn84
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole wrote:

@userpb0cKZjumwhey there's been a fix sent within the latest update that should resolve your problem. Updates are sent out in waves, it's possible that your device hasn't received it yet.

We shall see if att ever releases it. 

userbvd6rVaavU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just talked to a supervisor at Samsung (after 3 calls and lots of frustration).  After a lot of persistence, I was able to get him to tell me that there is an update to improve "camera stability" and that it was released overseas Dec. 1.  He said there have not been complaints about the camera since the update there so he is optimistic it will fix it.  U.S. carriers haven't released the updates yet (still testing?) and he didn't know when they will.  Verizon wants to give me a refurbished phone but there's no way to know if that one will have the bug and I take care of my phone so don't want to accept a used one.  And he thinks it's a software problem not hardware.  I find it a little hard to understand why just some phones have the bug (if they all did there would be more than 68 pages of complaints and it would be in the NY Times!).  HIs answer is it could be lots of apps or malware.  I am grateful to him for giving me this information.  But, I fault Samsung for HORRIBLE customer service.   Technicians say they do not know about the problem of freezing cameras.  Worse, I was told numerous times something like:  "I can google anything and find someone with the same problem or someone who agrees with me."  I found that really insulting given the 68 pages and numerous other threads on Samsung community, article on Forbes.com, numerous Reddit posts, and multiple tech blogs!  Until I found this one person, Samsung was stonewalling and refusing to admit the problem with the Note 9 - probably worried about sales.  And I had to insist he google "note 9 camera freeze" and be really persistent before he would admit the problem.  Note to Samsung:  it is reasonable for people to want a $1000 phone to take photos!  And do not disrespect your customers when your product is faulty.