JUMP TO SOLUTION

No inside info just an educated guess

ManWithJoeName
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ZEOS wrote:

No inside info just an educated guess

What is the education source?   Because it sounds a lot like my wishful thinking from the past several months. 

ZEOS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The update was released already and has appeared in other countries and there is the moderator who said so and a witness on page 68 (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-9-Questions-and/Note-9-camera-freezes/m-p/434784#M66...). It takes time for updates to be available for download depending on carrier etc.

The update they recieved is ARL1

nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Per android central the update has hit At&t.  

ZEOS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of the major drawbacks of Android IMHO is the slow and unpredictable updates.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ZEOS wrote:

The update was released already and has appeared in other countries and there is the moderator who said so and a witness on page 68 (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-9-Questions-and/Note-9-camera-freezes/m-p/434784#M66...). It takes time for updates to be available for download depending on carrier etc.

The update they recieved is ARL1

Has anyone been able to confirm this update fixed the issue? 

user0kI2y0sTJo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issues

Highlighted
userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it still lag free after the ARL1 update?

@user9N7x70cXJl wrote:

@user2tIkvccR2n wrote:

I hope you or one of you suffering through this problem can check if the battery lasts just as long after this latest update that's coming. I have a feeling it maybe a hardware problem and the fix is not a fix but rather a workaround that requires more energy which would obviously hurt battery life. Hopefully you guys will figure it out in short time. 

I'll try to post an update after a few days of use. So far no camera lag but as you guys know sometimes rebooting makes the freezing problem go away for a few days.

user9N7x70cXJl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userjD42ueWezn wrote:

Is it still lag free after the ARL1 update?

@user9N7x70cXJl wrote:

@user2tIkvccR2n wrote:

I hope you or one of you suffering through this problem can check if the battery lasts just as long after this latest update that's coming. I have a feeling it maybe a hardware problem and the fix is not a fix but rather a workaround that requires more energy which would obviously hurt battery life. Hopefully you guys will figure it out in short time. 

I'll try to post an update after a few days of use. So far no camera lag but as you guys know sometimes rebooting makes the freezing problem go away for a few days.

A small update... So far experienced no lag in camera.

According to AccuBattery, yesterday used 73% in 8h24m (screen on time 3h19m) when I went out to take photos (camera ate up 25.2%, or 30.7% per hour). I'd say the consumption is within expected range, but you can compare with your own data if you haven't updated yet.

ZEOS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear that you have no camera lag, so far