cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksancho442
Constellation

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the freezing problem. For me it goes away in safe mode (confirmed multiple times). When I return the phone to regular mode it is good for a while. (minutes to hours.) but then it comes back. Camera is next to useless sometimes. This is very fustrating. Hopefully there is a software fix. If not perhaps we do have faulty phones. It seems the majority (but not all) of the phones reporting it are the 512 versions. My friend has a 128 and has had zero issues. I even made sure all of the settings were identical between the two phones. At some point I will leave the phone in safe mode for a long period and find out if the issue eventually returns in safe mode. I'm really not inclined to factory reset as I've seen others do so without solving the issue.

userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you try it with powersavings mode on? I wonder if this issue is caused by the cpu thottling. Powersaving gives the cpu slightly slower cpu speeds but less extreme dips for longer. Leave the CPU limiter on and turn the other things off.

StrikeIII
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the issue here as well. It's intermittent but super annoying when it happens as you want to capture a moment but have to wait because I have to force close the camera app and relaunch it  

userzbYBuAiHC1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue as well since day 1, release day . Missed several shots at a college football game last night .Very frustrating. I have a choppy video saved from laal night if an engineer from Samsung wants to take a look at it .

Mr_Armageddon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Posted yesterday but it looks like it was deleted? Trying again...

Model code: SM-N960UZBATMB

Baseband version: N960USQU1ARH2

Carrier: T-Mobile 

128GB version, have tried using both Stock and Nova Launcher, pics saved to internal memory. Had constant and horrible lag / freezing (and camera error message) making the camera unusable at times, especially action shots. 

Switching the device to WQHD+ resolution seems to have helped and for the last day or so, no lag.

Going to continue testing over the weekend, but this definitely seems like a software issue. Hopefully a solution is found soon. Missed some pretty unique photos of my kids yesterday because of the freezing.

TyeGeek
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Theres some theorizing on reddit that it has something to do with the auto-focus but I don't think anyone has the bug nailed down yet. Maybe some of the tech blogs can report on it and start applying some pressure for them to fix their stuff. Smiley Sad

userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mr_Armageddon

Can you get an update from Samsung cole at the XDA thread? It has been over a week since we heard anything from him. The silence doesn't give me confidence in their ability to resolve his problem.  I'm concern it's a hardware defect at this point.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/help/note-9-camera-lag-freezing-t3834632/page3

userw4gSnL1Lph
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Noticed my camera and video work, but when I go into settings everytime, the app crashes. This happened on my Note 8 too. Not even going to bother. Samsung is over their heads with cell phone technology and it started with the note 7. Returning phone for a refund. Getting Apple.

nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have till the 23rd to return mine to Best Buy for a refund.  Should I do it?  Mine is unstable as well with the camera.  And now my battery is draining fast with the battery program not showing any of my apps causing it.  Grrr.

Grom751
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I still could I would return mine but no I am stuck with this camera freezing phone, my battery was draining like crazy as well I have the att model and I had wifi calling enable but ever since I turned it wifi calling function off battery stays solid all day.