cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjasvzeyPJJ
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It freezes/lags in auto and pro mode for me.

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have reported this problem in another post ... it appears this is a widespead problem.  I tried everything suggested, including clearing the system partition cache.  Nothing works, camera still freezes.  Samsung support has requested that I do a master (factory) reset.  I'm wondering is anyone has done this, and, if so, did it resolve the problem? 

userI4q3GCFuFx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Knavely read my post above yours.
I've done the full factory reset of the phone. The lag goes away but it does come back. Just like a restart of the phone for me.
SL321
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the US unlocked version 128GB had this very issue. camera auto mode frame would freeze and studder really bad. I just received a firmware update yesterday and my issue seems to be resolved I have not had any freezes or studders since update

SL321
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have a carrier model I'm assuming the update will be issued from your cell phone provider and will probably come with september security update. I have not received september security update my firmware update only included stability improvements

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks. Rarely have I found that a full reset solved any problem. :-) Seems they just tell you to do it when they have no answers.
jeffcarp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this problem exist if you use a third-party camera apps like Camera MX, Camera Zoom FX or Google Camera?

I know those apps probably can't do everything that the Samsung camera app does but it would be telling to know whether those apps have the same problem or not and might be a good short-term fix to ride out the time until Samsung issues an update.

userjasvzeyPJJ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happens in auto mode and pro mode for me. ( Haven't tried the other modes yet).

userlfMNYOi1Em
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Started happening to me as well in Auto, pro and video mode. Using both internal memory. 

NicoleBurchett
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If there is any motion. And only the back camera. Most of the time literally.