cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicoleBurchett
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If there is any motion. And only the back camera. Most of the time literally. Im thinking of going back to my note 8 becsuse of this. I keep it on Auto.

Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@samsung You have lost this dedicated Samsung Customer. Had a Samsung Phone since Galaxy S and now since I missed the pictures of my son during halloween which i thought i took but the camera froze and the picture is missing. Selling the Note 9 and buying a Pixel 3Xl. #Neveragian 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't heard of any issues with Smart Stay. Does the issue occur with Smart Stay off?

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've turned off Smart Stay and, so far, haven't noticed any problems with the camera. But then, I haven't been using the camera that much.  I'll let you know in a few days if this solved my problem.  Suggest others who are having this problem turn off Smart Stay to see if it works.  I'm hoping it does,

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, seems like turning off Smart Stay didn't work .  Camera is freezing up again, for 1- 5 seconds at a time.   Wish you could provide a solution.  This is maddening.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Knavely; Have you tried the troubleshooting steps I provided earlier? What were your results?

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, just now (cleared cashe & data).  I also disabled video stabilization since someone thought that could be the culprit.  Not sure why since screen freezes even when taking still photos.  I will let you know if any of this helps.  If screen still freezes, I will try again in safe mode.  I'll let you know results.

Knavely
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started to have the same problem even after following your troubleshooting steps.  I then read somewhere that clearing out the system cache might resolve the problem.   So I did that and I also did not enable any of the widgets that were disabled during the reboot process. So far, no problem.  However, I haven't used the camera much since then; I will let you know if I start to experience it again.  I will be using the camera Weds at my granddaughter's soccer game.  Hope it work.  

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Knavely: Give this a try.

1. Settings
  2. Apps
  3. 3 Vertical Dots
  4. Show System Apps
  5. Camera
  6. Storage
  7. Clear Cache 
  8. Clear Data
  9. Restart Device
userYCRnZLWn84
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't.  Nothing we can do fixes it. Samaung needs to fix the app or driver.