cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeBates
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

M1AJQ.N960USQU1ARL1 received today on Verizon. Just updated. No mention of camera at all in release notes .

The details: Release date: 01/04/2019 Android® Security Patch Level: December 1, 2018 Software Version: M1AJQ.N960USQU1ARL1 What's changing: The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.

ZEOS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They're probably including the "camera fix" in the Pie update instead of a stand alone update for the US. I just hope the Pie update is sooner rather than later. *sigh*

userKWOlCaZrLS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree.

Samsung said the update is this month, then have to wait for TMobile to push it out.  How ever long that's going to take.

user4e98ASsDab
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKWOlCaZrLS wrote:

I agree.

Samsung said the update is this month, then have to wait for TMobile to push it out.  How ever long that's going to take.

I just applied the ARL1 update from T-mobile. 

userT80yY1KMxL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's all a lie folks! The fix is never going to happen  Samsung will suffer for this.

user4e98ASsDab
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4e98ASsDab wrote:

@userKWOlCaZrLS wrote:

I agree.

I just applied the ARL1 update from T-mobile. 

It appears to have fixed the problem!! I have not been able to make it freeze which was easy to do before the update (even after a reboot). 👍

ZEOS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear it!  This long freezing camera saga is pretty much over now, I'm glad they fixed it, I knew it was a software issue since rebooting got it working temporarily.

TheRabbi
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ARL1 installed as well. No issues with the camera any more.

ZEOS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome, no update yet for me on ATT. Looking forward to the Pie OneUI update

usershblToOxB7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on ATT too and tonight was the first time when I noticed the camera freezing when trying to record in low light with the light on :-(. I also noticed the motion stabilization being greyed out after that and it worked fine for a couple of short videos once I rese the camera settings. then it froze again. I rebooted it and it started recording again.
So dissapponted - I'm still within my return period for this Note 9 which otherwise I've enjoyed a lot . I feel like Samsung should have been more forthcoming and offer a faster resolution to this major bug. Not sure how people lived with this major inconvenience for so long. 

Though I hate to have spent all this time setting up the device to my liking I'm goign to return it if it wont get fixed on ATT within a week. Too many choices out there to put up with a mediocre device that Samsung wont stand by. This is my 2nd Samsung phone but maybe the last.