cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9DficF49Xv
Constellation

Re: Note 9 car bluetooth pairing issue

Is Baseband number the same as Serial Number?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It is not, the baseband version is a type of software version and the serial number functions as an Identification number of the phone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

femfem
Constellation

I found a fix for my car's bluetooth connection problem with my note 9. The problem was  caused by Secure Folder contacts. There's a setting to show Secure Folder contacts and calendar outside Secure Folder and vice versa. If this is turned on for contacts, the car's bluetooth connection will always hang and disconnect every 30 seconds or so while trying to download the contact from the phone to the car

To fix the issue, enter Secure Folder and open the settings (from inside Secure Folder) . 

Go to "notifications and data >> contacts and calendar" turn off both of the "contacts" options 

This will prevent the car from trying to download the Secure Folder contacts. Hope this helps someone 

SomeTechGuy
Cosmic Ray

All fixes provided have not worked for my 2016 Honda accord without android auto...

user75kZoXEuGT
Constellation

This worked for me - thanks for posting

user75kZoXEuGT
Constellation

Femfem posted the answer that worked for me.  Turn off contacts access within your secure folder

This is a brilliant and obvious solution. The bluetooth module works in all other use cases apart from cars. Here it trys to download your contacts . The secure folder function, which is unique to Samsung, has a contacts app which the car will try and access. But it cant access without unlocking the folder first. This is why it connects then disconnects 30secs after as it gets refused access.. Turning off access to the secure folder stops it trying to sync an inaccessible function.  Following these steps my connection is rock solid. Thanks Femfem

Vic_Olvera
Astronaut

Hey @user75kZoXEuGT, I tried the proposed solution and didn't work. Any chance you can list the steps to see if I'm missing something here? Thanks!
98 SNAKE EATER
Constellation

I’ve been struggling with a Bluetooth issue which only started happening in the last few days.

Before I had my Note 9, I also had a Note3, Note4 Edge and S7 Edge and never experienced any Bluetooth issues.

My head unit (Sony XAV712HD) would pair up automatically with all of my previous phones, but with my new Note 9 (512GB/T-Mobile), I had to start up Pandora on my phone first, then turn the head unit off and on again before it would connect.

Now, there all several ways I was able to connect in the past using this head unit.

1) MHL (Note3 and Note4 Edge)

2) Bluetooth using BT Audio setting on head unit 

3) Bluetooth using Pandora setting on head unit

I’ve  always used the option for Bluetooth using the Pandora setting.

Unlike the BT Audio setting, the Pandora setting would allow me to scroll through my artist list on the head unit, while the phone would go to a default/black Pandora screen.

I would then be able to listen to Pandora through the head unit and have Waze alerts automatically lower the Pandora volume while giving me traffic updates.

Apart from having to turn my head unit off and on again to reconnect, the Note 9 also worked fine in this manner up until a few days ago.

For some strange reason, it would connect, but the phone would remain on the Pandora main screen and the audio on the head unit (under the Pandora setting) would play extremely low and would play at a whisper even at max volume.

On the other hand, under the BT Audio setting on the head unit, it would play the audio just fine.

However, when using this setting, I don’t have any Pandora control features on the head unit and would have to resort to using the phone to scroll through artists and channels.

I racked my brain over this and finally figured it out about 10 minutes ago....

This only started happening after Pandora did an auto update the other night, so I did the following:

Pandora>Settings>Advanced>Bluetooth>Launch from Car

Now everything seems to work as it should.

Phone connects immediately and plays through the Pandora setting on the head unit

userNJ7HXpGaTO
Constellation

Note 9 Baseband Version N960USQS1ARJ9

2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Sportwagen w/Nav

Same as everyone else, phone will connect but media audio will not.  Sometimes if I go to the advanced settings for my VW Phone entry Media Audio will appear as a grayed out option that is switched off.  It will allow me to tap it on but it immediately turns back off on its own.  Other times it does not appear as an option at all. 

I can clear my cahe particition and re-pair it and media audio will work again until the first time the phone is disconnected, at which point only phone audio works until I clear my cache again.  The odd part about this is that, when media audio does work this way, under the settings for my VW Phone, media Audio does not appear as an option at all.  Yet is is working. 

I also have a 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel Laramie dual rear wheels w/8.5" touchscreen.  These same probelms happen with it, but very rarely.  I always just live without media audio for that trip and by the next time I shut the truck down and get back in everything fixes itself. 

The issues with the VW are consistent, happen 100% of the time.

user75kZoXEuGT
Constellation

I found a fix for my car's bluetooth connection problem with my note 9. The problem was  caused by Secure Folder contacts. There's a setting to show Secure Folder contacts and calendar outside Secure Folder and vice versa. If this is turned on for contacts, the car's bluetooth connection will always hang and disconnect every 30 seconds or so while trying to download the contact from the phone to the car

To fix the issue, enter Secure Folder and open the settings (from inside Secure Folder) . 

Go to "notifications and data >> contacts and calendar" turn off both of the "contacts" options 

This will prevent the car from trying to download the Secure Folder contacts. Hope this helps someone