Did you mean: 
user2ODhp40YQ4
Astronaut

Re: Note 9 car bluetooth pairing issue

Turn it on and off

userzOeccG1EtF
Astronaut

lexus 2011 rx450 H can not connect audio, just phone.

I just purchased phone 2 days ago. Should I return it?

Sparkster1031
Constellation

@userzOeccG1EtF wrote:

lexus 2011 rx450 H can not connect audio, just phone.

I just purchased phone 2 days ago. Should I return it?

I have a 2013 Nissan Maxima and I just got a Note 9 o. Friday and I had a problem getting the Media to connect via bluetooth. My car gave me and error saying the Audio was not setup. I went to setting on my car, then to Bluetooth, then to Connected devices, then Audio player and chose my phone.  I know your car is a different t brand but it may have a similar menu option.  I hope this helps!🤗

usergmjkMy4Yjf
Constellation

I just got the Note 9 and changed my carrier to Sprint. I can't even get the phone to connect to my 2011 Town & Country at all. Very frustrating!

user7blqblfQxH
Astronaut

Note 9 will not pair at all with car

2011 Chevy equinox

stock radio

note 9

model # sm-n960u

baseband n960usqs1ari5

carrier att

SomeTechGuy
Cosmic Ray

Any update?

userIt8avQZcMl
Constellation

Baseband N960USQU1ARJ8 Galaxy Note 9 was pairing fine with  my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi just fine for the first couple of months I've had the phone.  In the last two days it will only connect with SYNC for calls and will not connect to my phone for music.  And then it only stays connected for a few minutes for the calls before it disconnects itself.  Why is this just now happening?  I updated all software on phone from T-Mobile last night so that isn't the  problem.  I use my Bluetooth to play all my music and use my bluetooth for hands free calls.  

Phone automatically syncs with blue tooth speaker in the house and to my wireless headphones without a problem.  

Please advise!

userrPXT01oqNd
Constellation

SM-N960U
N960USQS1ARJ9
Verizon
Ford Sync (2010 F150 First sync edition)

My S6 did the same thing.

All BT settings work on my Note 9 except audio. Phone says it's playing but there is no volume on the truck. It worked the first time. All subsequent connections the media does not play. It says SYNC Line In. I don't know if my truck needs to be updated. I have yet to try and of the fore mentioned fixes as I list found this thread. I just resorted to plugging in the cable as my phone mount is right in front of my CD player and I can charge it at the same time.
Wicked68
Halo

When connected to your car on bluetooth, on your phone click on your car name to go into settings for that connection and there should be a choice that says " use for call and media". Click it and switch it to on. Sometimes my phone does this, and it doesn't connect for calls, and I usuall turn my bluetooth off and back on, and if it still doesn't connect for media, I do want I mentioned above.

userkSxwUijUZs
Asteroid

I went to T-Mobile twice. They sat in my car and tried to fix this. No luck.

Finally, after three months of waiting for Samsung to do something, I began to tweet. When Samsung tweeted an ad for the Note 9, I wrote the first reply to say that Bluetooth was broken. That worked: @SamsungSupport immediately contacted me via private Twitter message.

They sent me instructions:

0. The following will not delete any data, app installations, or configurations.

1. Turn off the phone

2. Press Volume Up, Bixby, and Power together

3. When Galaxy logo appears, release the Power key

4. When Android logo appears, release Volume and Bixby

5. An "Installing System Update" message will appear for 30-60 seconds

6. The Android System Recovery menu appears

7. Scroll down (with Volume down key) to "Wipe Cache Partition"

8. Press Power to select

9. Press Vol down to select Yes

10. Press Power to select

11. When cache wipe is done, "Reboot System" will appear.

12. Press Power key to select

13. Phone will restart

Part 2.

14. Go to your car. 

15. Open the audio Bluetooth menu and unpair the Samsung phone (delete Samsung phone from system)

16. Pair the phone to your car

17. Bingo.

Now, I turn on Pandora music, go to my car, get in, and Pandora immediately starts playing on the car audio.

I thanked @SamsungSupport and deleted my complaint tweets.

Next bug: how to get the Note 9 to write NFC tags.