cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricky408
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 car bluetooth pairing issue

As you can see from this thread and others, the car bluetooth pairing problem is a systemic issue. What is the status of Samsung coming up with a solution for this? I'm prepared to return my Note 9 and go back to Apple or another competitor if this is not fixed ASAP. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry, I do not have a status or update to provide at this time. Once we have more information, we'll update the various threads publicly.

Can you guys please be sure to provide the Baseband version (Found under the About Device section in settings) and carrier information as well? Even with the unlocked versions we need this information. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Ricky408
Asteroid

Baseband version: N960USQS1ARI5

Carrier: ATT

SomeTechGuy
Cosmic Ray

2016 Honda Accord Sport (non Android-auto)

Unlocked

SM-N960U1

Verizon

(Does not recognize the note 9 but works fine with note 8)

useryTFJHGyF4H
Constellation

Baseband Version: SM-N960F/DS

Carrier: starhub

Model of Radio:

Make/Model of Car: Renault Kajar
userXT8D9EgJ7x
Constellation

I also am having the same issue with my 2018 Toyata Camry with bluetooth disconnecting every few minutes and reconnecting. 

Are there any updates on this? Since apple car play now offers ways i will check if there is a resolution in the next week. If not back over to apple. 

Note 9 

Team Mobile 

Paulj1054
Constellation

Note 9 with a 2013 Ford Fiesta with the Ford Sync system. Same issue not Bluetooth connection with MUSIC AUDIO ONLY. I cleared the cache and memory as previously stated in a thread and I basically tried everything in this thread. The issue is ONLY WITH THE MEDIA OR MUSIC and I have tried with the duel audio outputs and duel audio setting a per app. Nothing is working and if I COULD PLEASE GET A RESPONSE TO A DIFFERENT EMAIL THEN MY ACCOUNT.

Thanks in advance and I hope you guys address and fix this promptly as it's a real let down considering this device is so on point, however this is a large black eye u til it's fixed proper.. 

Paul C. 

Paul Cutrona
Paulj1054
Constellation

Please advise I'm having the same issue with my note 9 not connecting to a bluetooth media only with the Ford Sync system it will connect to be a phone in messaging but it will not connect via music player. Please advise as soon as possible with such an amazing phone this is a huge black eye until it's fixed.

Paul Cutrona
userWYTcRRv9zD
Constellation

I just purchased the Note 9 and had the same issue on my 2016 ford focus.  This is what I had to do:

1. Unpair the sync on my note 9

2. Go to menu, go to sync setting scroll all the way down to reset sync and press ok

3. On note 9 go to settings General management press reset.  This reset the network

4. Turn Bluetooth back on on note9

5. press phone on sync, install phone and follow direction.

Took awhile for me to figure this all out but it worked

userqoHGnZ7tXt
Constellation

Note 9 will connect to vehicle for calls only. It did show me option to connect to media, but would not do anything. Now does not even give option. Tried downloading an app "Car Music Connector". Worked twice but now will not work unless I delete device from vehicle and repair device. Not really a solution. It is like my Note 9 is learning to not connect on purpose...

Baseband version

N960U1EU1ARG6

Unlocked Note9 bought at Best Buy

2014 VW Jetta stock stereo

Metro byTmobile service