I have the note 9 it hooked right up to my 2012 honda pilot without any issues but not my aftermarket kenwood in my work van the issue can be 2 beasts it can be the phone but also the software on your vehicles headunit hopefully samsung can get it figured out but maybe some of you folks should look to see if your headunit has an update.
so i fixed my issue with my aftermarket kenwood ddx3 i went into settings went to bluetooth settings selected my phone now when i first started it just went to call audio thats it but when i go to settings and select my note 9 i can then add music audio or pandora maybe some of you should also try that i now have no issues with this phone.
Hey guys, I'm tagging a few of you that I need one more piece of information from. Our specialists have responded and directly requested the baseband versions that we're seeing this happen with. If you are new to the thread, be sure to provide us with the model code of the phone, your baseband version, carrier, and the car/radio model information. Thanks!
Need Baseband Version information from:
Baseband version = N960USQS1ARH6
2018 FORD Fusion Energi with SYNC
Never had Issue S8+ or with S9+ and no issue with wife's S9+.
But not going to hold my breath - I'm surprised that any corporation would put any trust in Samsungs Enterprise solutions - I will no longer recommend Samsung.
Same issue in 2017 Nissan Rogue...for $1300 I am highly disappointed...should have stuck with apple, my 2014 Chevy Traverse has to go through USB, no issue with my iphone... impossible with note 9...service is with AT&T...there has to be a fix soon or I am going to have to try and return.
I have a Chevy Traverse 2016, at first the Android auto connected through my Bluetooth and there were no problems, all of a sudden now I can't connect at all I can end get incoming calls but in order to call out I have to literally use my phone and I'm not be able to use the buttons on my steering wheel also I used to be able to hear it through my car if I said text somebody it would ask me who I wanted to text but all of that is gone now and I don't know why can somebody help me figure this out I tried plugging it in with the cord I've tried everything I have no idea what the problem is cuz I paid $900 for my phone.
The media bluetooth does not work with my car, 2018 Volvo S90 T8 AWD R-Design.
I tried each of the pathetic tricks presented here before, obviously they do not work as the phone itself does not work properly.
I am not poor so I went and purchased an iPhone after 2 days of losing my time with this piece of plastic. My 6 year old got the Note as a toy, luckily he does not need bluetooth for paw patrol.
Guys, my message is, do not stress. It is not your fault the product is made cheap and corners were cut in design. Get a proper phone and get rid of this one before losing more of your valuable time. Instead of using time for this, go invest or work, the 1000 bucks is faster earned back than repair something that cannot be repaired.
Thanks, Mike out ->
I own a Note 8 and a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander with Android Auto as well. It worked fine until like May or June when an update came out. I called Samsung about it. I was told several things
1. I should do a reset on my blue tooth cache ( I had done that)
2. I should do a factory reset on my phone ( I did that too)
3. I need to take my car back to the dealer and have them update my Bluetooth software (Mitsubishi says it is less than 2 years old and it is up to date)
4. Give up my phone for over a month to mail it into a repair center to ensure that there is not a problem ( I need my phone for work and they would not send me a loaner phone until that point)
5. Go to my nearest Verizon dealer and see if they had a note 8 that had been properly updated to see if it will attach (Note 8, 8+ and 8) This did not work no galaxy will attach via Bluetooth.
6. Try attaching my phone to another type of car. (MY phone attached to my husband Dodge no problem)
7. (This is my favorite) I should trade my car in and get a different make of car such as a dodge since my phone attached to it. (Promptly told them where to shove it I was not trading in my car that cost a whole heck of a lot more than my phone).
They, in the end, told me that they know that this is a known problem but they had no plan to fix it not enough people own Mishubishi and Samsung for it to be worth their time.
My next phone will not be a Samsung note (please note I love my note and this is my 4th one but oh well)