cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

UuRe: Note 9 compass error after Pie update

Hi Brad, I am not talking about you, I am talking to the moderator,  she does not seem to know any tech info.

So, pardon me if the reply came to you. The website is messed up as our phones. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 compass error after Pie update

Hello,

Try disabling the edge screen display and turning the phone off and back on. I hope this resolves the issue. Smiley Happy

Sarah McCarty
Asteroid

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Hello,

Try disabling the edge screen display and turning the phone off and back on. I hope this resolves the issue. Smiley Happy

Turning edge off did nothing. Still thinks it's calibrated but pointing 90 degrees off. 

Sprint

thom_bjork
Asteroid

I'd already tried doing that, but gave it another shot. Disabled Edge Panels and rebooted. Didn't make a difference. Still off by 90-ish degrees.

I've also tried clearing cache and data for Quick Tools. No difference.

The problem is that the sensor's readings are off. It's at the system level. The diagnostic even shows it being off by 90 degrees. So any app that uses that data will be wrong. Trying fixes for each individual app won't help. The sensor readings themselves need to be fixed.

Highlighted

Edge screen turn off, phone rebooted, Cache cleared... and still 90 degrees off.

Next idea...

userW7VNxuxW2F
Asteroid

your not going crazy, many people have this issue since the realease of the "pie" which was for 5g E..... I'm beyond frustrated due to I NEED my compas to work for my job!

user8qdzGmEDdX
Cosmic Ray

This helped no one

userW7VNxuxW2F
Asteroid

So Samsung will not admit they messed up our phones with faulty software??!?!?!? MY JOB relies and depends on accuracy which is now completely NOT ACCURATE after the stupid 5ge update!

user8qdzGmEDdX
Cosmic Ray

That is a dumb rec.why would we pay for them breaking our compass 

user8qdzGmEDdX
Cosmic Ray

That is not right what a joke samsung broke are 1250 phone