Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note 9 compass error after Pie update

Highlighted

@Brad Bilger wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/85xPinN

By the way.... this is a 55 year old Boy Scouts of America Compass vs a $1000, state of the art phone.  @SamsungCole, @

userW7VNxuxW2F
Asteroid

Try to run a program called: Satellite finder PRO......

I have used it daily for the last 6 years.... UP UNTIL THE DAY OF THIS UPDATE IT WORKED AND WAS RELIABLE FROM THE NOTE 2, ALL THE WAY UP TILL THIS NOTE 9 I HAVE NOT ( A $1,200 FREAKING PHONE!!!! WHICH IS NOW A PAPERWEIGHT!)

userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

Try any compass app! Google maps works fine, it is just the magnetic sensor.

Try installing an astronomy app, like, Skyportal.

I myselfe, tried all the possible solutions, nothing worked!

Note 9 magnetic sensor is sending wrong data after android 9 update, it is not just my phone, I checked others and they have same issue.

Thx

@userymOwumN8X2 wrote:

Try any compass app! Google maps works fine, it is just the magnetic sensor.

Try installing an astronomy app, like, Skyportal.

I myselfe, tried all the possible solutions, nothing worked!

Note 9 magnetic sensor is sending wrong data after android 9 update, it is not just my phone, I checked others and they have same issue.

Thx

Starwalk2 also won't line up. It's not the app  It's the sensor. 

userW7VNxuxW2F
Asteroid

100% agreed! this is completely obsurd! I have been doing satellite communications for 6 years and have used "Dish Pointer Pro" for the entire time, I even contacted the app developer who pointed me to this forum stating it was a Samsung issue not them! a super mega company like this shouldnt release software that can destroy some piddly little peoples jobs!

user8qdzGmEDdX
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Hello,

I recommend reaching out to your carrier to see if they support this feature with the new update.

This person is clueless 

userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

You are a moderator, but not a tech support, right? It is clear that you don't know what everyone is talking about!!

@userymOwumN8X2 wrote:

You are a moderator, but not a tech support, right? It is clear that you don't know what everyone is talking about!!

You have to remember that most of these moderators are reading mostly from a script and are going down the list of trouble shooting items.  There are some other moderators that know what they are talking about and really try to help.  You just gotta learn to figure out which is which and learn to troubleshoot first and then report to the forum what you have done to trouble shoot first.  

And before you ask, I ain't a moderator either.  LOL  Cut em some slack.  

JimD1050
Constellation

I'm having the same issue, I've already posted my Carrier, Baseband and Software Version like they asked! I don't need a new phone - all we need is a patch! Now let them do their jobs!!!