cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kudzus
Constellation

Re: Note 9 compass error after Pie update

Brad your right ... my chair was faceing west and all my maps and compass showed north ... Then tried Dioptra and it showed west ... I should have tested farther ... I get the same as you. ... But Dioptra is a nice program

Totally no problem.  I fly a drone and the compass in the phone orients me to the direction that the drone is.  I don't want to take a chance on "Misplacing" my drone.  But you are right.  That is a very good app.  Gonna try it again once they figure out what happened.  Thanks for the advice though... 

thom_bjork
Asteroid

I tried the Dioptra app but it's still showing an incorrect azimuth. I'm facing 180 and it's telling me 265. I've had some slightly different results with every app that uses the sensor data, but they're all off by a long way. The sensor needs to be fixed before any of them will come close to being consistent. 

kudzus
Constellation

Just spend a few hours on the phone with Sprint after they tried everything they could and with me telling them all along that it was a firmware issue. They admitted it was a firmware problem  and there was nothing they could do. Said they would't roll it back to 8.1

I then called sales and fold them I would be at the Spriont store Monday morning to return their phone and expected my 1000 dollars back. I was man enough to write them a check now they need to man up and write me one. If not I'm a big boy and I know the way to the court house. 

Well, if I had my 'Druthers, I love to have mine back at Nougat.  I wasn't that impressed with Oreo (the OS, not the cookie.  I love the cookie)  Nougat was fine and then everything after that, they started taking Features away and replacing them with.....  Well, I can't say what they replace them with...  but it makes good fertilizer.  So far, I've found two bad things about this system.  The compass and the Individual Text Message tones.  Or the lack thereof.  

And before someone else jumps in and tells me about how to assign a text message tone to the conversation by pressing the 3 little dots, that don't work for a GROUP message.  Just to save  y'all some time typing again.  

userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

SM-N960U

On AT&T

Same issues, tried everything, no solution.

@userymOwumN8X2 wrote:

SM-N960U

On AT&T

What's the baseband?  All that's been reported had been the same baseband version..

Highlighted
userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

SM-N960U

N960USQU1CSAA

On AT&T

userW7VNxuxW2F
Asteroid

Nope.... nothing will work but samsung fixing their mess up!

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Brad Bilger wrote:

If I could figure out how to attach a photo to this page, I would.  I dug out my old Boy Scout Compass and a have a photo of this $5 Compass next to a $1000 phone and the $5 compass is more accurate.  

Try this Samsung site and let them know more about this issue.  The "Voice of the Customer"

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=1&tit...

You can search on google and type upload a picture for a link you can upload picture there and grab the link and post it here like the one I posted here. My galaxy s9 plus from verizon after pie update and i tested it using compass app and I match the direction to my car digital compass and it matches no issues. Maybe this issue is only for note 9?

compass picture

https://imgur.com/YwVDfs0