cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 compass error after Pie update

It is an update issue. Visiting the place will not solve the problem.

I was on the phone with Samsung, they now, aknowledge the update problem.

Your suggestion is not practical, not all costumers close to a UBreakIFix, in fact, Samsung broke it and Samsung must fix it.

Highlighted
userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

So, I talked on the phone and chatted with Samsung tech.

They were two types:

1- some were not knolwedgable and they did not know anything, and they keep repeating the exact same words again and again.

2- Couple of them acknowleded the issue and they say, Samsung is working on it.

I used to love Samsung products, I will have to check something else.

It became a big company and it does not care about its costumers anymore!

TOO BAD

thom_bjork
Asteroid

I have the same problem and so does my girlfriend. We both have a Sprint Note9 running Android Pie. I've tried calibrating, rebooting, and checking the *#0*# menu. It's always off by about +90 degrees. This is really frustrating.

user2DXzuXN7hs
Asteroid

Same issue here. Glad my phone updated itself while I'm in a foreign country and have been trying to navigate by walking around, super frustrating.  

Sarah McCarty
Asteroid

Same, and I have a family member whose compass was working before the update broke it.
user8qdzGmEDdX
Cosmic Ray

Mine is all messed up just tilting it Changes it spinning So off how Did this get through I Don't wanna Be Beta tester

userasSPyNt77G
Constellation

We have the same problem with both of our Note 9 phones. Compass is off by 90 degrees. Based on all of the posts I've read this does not seem like a carrier related issue. It is a Samsung issue.
B2theRyan
Constellation

I am having the same problem and it's driving me crazy.  When facing north,  my phone says that I am facing east. I have also recalibrated multiple times in all different areas and it keeps going back to the same incorrect calibration

userymOwumN8X2
Cosmic Ray

I have the exact same issue. After the update, the compass and any app using it failed!

I checked another note 9 with the new update, it has same issue! I also checked at a local at&t store, I found there a note 9, without the update, it was fine!

The update broke the sensor and my apps are not working properly.

I use my phone for astronomy, and all astro apps now broken, the go to same point (west) no matter where you point your phone.

I chatted with Samsung, at&t and called them, they all want me to go to ubreakitifixit, which is an hour drive.

When I called Ubreakit, they said, they normally do what I did, checking tand calibrating, clearing cache, resetting the phone.

I think it is android 9, and all the rest is waste of time.

I am still unable to solve the issue!

Give them a hand. The moderators say they are reporting all this to R&D. Give then a hand. They are looking for the model number,  the baseband version and your carrier. Model and baseband can be found at Settings>about phone>software information.