cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 compass error after Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You've gotta be kidding me. This is not an issue with my, or anyone elses, carrier. This is an issue with a sensor built into these phones that is throwing incorrect readings since the latest update. This is a Samsung issue. Likely a bug within the update that was just released.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Hello,

I recommend reaching out to your carrier to see if they support this feature with the new update.

Ok... lets take a count.  Everyone that is having their compass off by 90 degrees, sound off.  Who is your carrier?  I'll Start off. 

AT&T

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got 2 Note9's on Sprint in my household. Both compasses worked before the update and now they don't. 

This also affects the marker on Google Maps. It shows it facing the wrong direction. This wasn't happening before the update.

The phone's sensor is functioning, but the readings are consistently off by about +90.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Att
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

att also

I spent 2 hours on phone with att trying to figure out settings, making sure things were correct etc....... they said contact the app developer (funny when its all apps that i use that rely on internal compass) I did however contact one, and they told me its the update, and pointed me to this forum.......thanks dish pointer pro for helping me see that its not you, its Samsung issue.... $1,200 phone that doesnt work as it should now, less than 4 months old..... Who's going to fix this as its screwing up my job!?????

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is beyond ridiculous, you cant be serious with these suggestions. See if our carrier supports this function? A compass is a pretty important function that any smart phone should have working, my $1000 phone should have a working compass and the company should own up to screwing up the calibration in the Pie update and pit out an update to fix it asap.  I dont think it should be necessary to turn my phone 90 degrees to be walking the correct direction.  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you guys try to turn on 'Google location accuracy' on the setting by doing this you will use wifi, mobile and sensor to see if it helps for the mean time? and also did you also try to wipe cache for the specific map apps you use?

I am using galaxy s9+ verizon and on pie version I tried google maps and so far I am seeing accurate location i even turn off google location accuracy which I only use just the gps sensor and it seems working well.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The idea this is carrier related is absurd!  Edge display idea is almost equally absurd.  It is a bug with the update.  My compass was working perfectly right up until the update. I use this feature daily with various apps in mu business.  As most people are reporting here the sensors are off by 90 degrees.  I would still like to see an answer to my question as to whether the update can be rolled back to see if the compass is accurate and then try updating again.  Glad to see everyone elses' input on this!  It also has no relation to GPS location accuracy. That is fine. It is the compass heading that is messed up.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok. I've deleted the cache for the apps, I've deleted the cache partition, I've rebooted x4 times, I've turned on high accuracy.  I've recalibrated while in my house, in my driveway, in a field and it still points 90 degrees off true. Anything else? All my location apps, compass, GPS test, GPS location, Google maps, sensor test. .. all show 90 degrees out of line .