cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 compass error after Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like ATT skipped the Feb update and has gone to the march update ( CSC1 ) which they are rolling out now. I got it yesterday from Sprint The compass is still fixed.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the new update on an att note 9.

The compass is now 180 degrees off instead of only pointing one way, or whatever it was doing before.

Oddly enough, last night i opened it at home and it seemed to be working correctly.

So it seems better sort of, not really, but still not working.

Samsung also started my old s7 active's battery over heating and draining quickly after a firmware update. Definitely be wary of their upgrades.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's working now. I turned off WiFi (no wifi at home) and reopened my 3d compass app. I don't have a real compass to compare it with, but now it is pointing generally the right direction.

Ok, so not sure why sometimes it is 180 off. The app said calibration was high but I waved it about some more.

Perhaps i just need to calibrate it each time?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMuk6sYXUxe wrote:

It's working now. I turned off WiFi (no wifi at home) and reopened my 3d compass app. I don't have a real compass to compare it with, but now it is pointing generally the right direction.

Ok, so not sure why sometimes it is 180 off. The app said calibration was high but I waved it about some more.

Perhaps i just need to calibrate it each time?

I hope once took care of it. I took my drone out today and the controller was actually pointing me in the right direction. Did that one calibration and that seems to have done it.  Hopefully. Lol

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMuk6sYXUxe wrote:

I got the new update on an att note 9.

The compass is now 180 degrees off instead of only pointing one way, or whatever it was doing before.

Oddly enough, last night i opened it at home and it seemed to be working correctly.

So it seems better sort of, not really, but still not working.

Samsung also started my old s7 active's battery over heating and draining quickly after a firmware update. Definitely be wary of their upgrades.

Simple calibration solved the problem for me. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The CSC1 (AT&T) March Security, etc. update, cured my problem as well as other AT&T friends of mine. I also heard that folks with the CSB3 Feb update had the issue resolved as well (Verizon, T-Mobile) - hope this helps!