cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9v2ebd0B9k
Asteroid

Note 9 does not work with Airpods

I can connect my Note 9 to Airpods and I can play music with them but as soon as I put my phone in my pocket and start moving around the signal cuts out and the Airpods Disconnect.  Yes.  Seriously.  My Note 9 cannot connect to a bluetooth device 3 feet away. This also happens with other bluetooth devices.  

I have some Sony Headphones that also experience terrible bluetooth connectivity but the phone handles those even worse!!!! After connecting to those, I am unable to connect to any other bluetooth devices until I restart my phone.

Both the Airpods and Sony Headphones work fine on my Oneplus 5t that I regretably replaced with this terrible Samsung phone.  I am in awe at how terrible the bluetooth is on this phone.  I Have tried the following, none of which works:

1. Reset all Network connectivity
  2. Cleared bluetooth cache
  3. Turned Mobile networks to 3g only
  4. Optimized bluetooth for Connectivity in Developer settings.
  5. Factory Reset the phone

4 is the only one that seems to do any good but every time I reconnect to a bluetooth device I have to go in and change the setting back to Optimized for connectivity because developer settings seem to have the memory of a goldfish.  

It's great that this phone has a 3.5 mm headphone jack and all but non-functioning Bluetooth is a deal breaker.  I have never had a phone that performed so poorly at something so basic.  

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 does not work with Airpods

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out and providing the troubleshooting steps you have completed.

However, we would recommend reaching out directly to the manufacturer of your Airpods, as we can't confirm the compatibility of Samsung Devices with Non-Samsung Devices.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9v2ebd0B9k
Asteroid

Hold up.

1. The same Apple Airpods work fine on another android phone (Oneplus 5t)
  2. My Note 9 also does not reliably connect to other Headphones which also work on the other phone.

This is a problem with the Note 9.  It's not just me.  The forums are filled with people complaining about bluetooth connectivity problems.  

user9v2ebd0B9k
Asteroid

Re: Do a factory reset on those buds. If that doesn't solve t...

Yeah.  Factory reset is the only thing I haven't done.  If I do that I'll be getting rid of the phone.  I've already wasted way too much time trying to make this phone work. 

Thanks for the recommendation!!

PavanKota
Constellation

I am using airpods with note 9 from 3 months and never ha...

I am using airpods with note 9 from 3 months and never had issue.

Highlighted
user9v2ebd0B9k
Asteroid

Re: I am using airpods with note 9 from 3 months and never ha...

Mine is an Exynos variety.  Snapdragon?

user9v2ebd0B9k
Asteroid

I just did a factory reset.  Bluetooth still cuts out as soon as I stick my phone in my pocket and walk outside.  I'm done with Samsung.

usererrWSiN8qY
Constellation

Here is how i fixed the same issue...

Enable Developer settings....

Than scroll down to "Bluetooth Codecs" 

Mark option "ALL" 

Exit & Reset the phone.

To enable Higher volume (Max)

go to Bluetooth menu,

Then in the upper left corner choose the x3 dots

Choose "Advanced" from the menu