cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbavqEIVFvd
Constellation

Note 9 getting blurry pictures

I have been using my note 9 for over 3 weeks now and have tried adjusting many settings in the camera. The problem I am having is when I take a picture of a person if they move even slightly the picture gets extremely blurry where the motion is. Is there a way I can fix this?

22 REPLIES 22
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 getting blurry pictures

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

userC6TNVdzPc2
Constellation

A lot of people are complaining about the camera . Photos aren't sharp and look worse than older Samsung phones . There are plenty of forms on Reddit and XDA regarding the camera on this device . Samsung should look into this and issue a software update for the camera .  A lot of us are regretting buying this device. 

user00QLPkiAzV
Astronaut

I am also seeing same issue with Note 9 pictures. I switch from S6 to Note 9. Picture from S6 were much crisp and clear. But Note 9 smoothens out picture way too much upto the extent that you can't clearly see eyebrow. Neven has such smoothening issue with S6 :-(.

userBmSPKddixb
Constellation

This is very disappointing because I actually took the time to look at side by side photos from different phone cameras and usually the note 9 looked really good. I am super disappointed with almost every picture i take

userbavqEIVFvd
Constellation

Yes

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The main issue this article was created for is a little different, but can you give the steps here a try and tell me if you notice any difference?

-->http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001297/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userbdG7qfjLxL
Constellation

Same here. Photos are horrible I have already ruined my vacation pictires and someChristmas  pics. My daughter's iPhone 6 can take far better pictures than my note 9... I have $1,000 paperweight. Been using Samsung products for years. . called warranty department and they want me to mail my phone in so basically I need to go without a phone ,which I'm not able to, even though it's a new phone. You would think they would just mail me another one for an exchange since I bought directly from Samsung This would definitely be my last

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userbdG7qfjLxL We do have the options for you to take it to a walk-in service center as well called UbreakIfix

userbdG7qfjLxL
Constellation

Zero place near me so was reason mailing was recommended.  Just sad since the phone was put in service 11/12/2018 and this has been an issue since day 1. When my wife's apple had issues after 13 months.  Apple mailed her a new one for exchange asap. Just disappointed is a 1000.00 new phone that can't take clear pics.