cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGuJnFyAnvN
Asteroid

Note 9 has 600mhz/band 71 for tmobile "5G" but not connecting!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tmobile 5G runs on 600mhz band 71 and the note 9 supports this band but is not connecting to the band. I keep getting a run around about this from Samsung but from what I'm gathering, an update is required in order for Note 9 to connect to band 71. I should not have to upgrade to another device if the one I've paid for already includes the technology needed. 🤦🏼‍♂️

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SpeedEuphoria
Constellation

Re: Note 9 has 600mhz/band 71 for tmobile "5G" but not connecting!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To test band 71: Press *#2263# on your note 9. Select clear all Bands. Next go under "LTE band preference" and select band 71. Go back to the main page. Press "apply band" configuration. Check if you have a connection on band 71. You verify by pressing *#0011#

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SpeedEuphoria
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To test band 71: Press *#2263# on your note 9. Select clear all Bands. Next go under "LTE band preference" and select band 71. Go back to the main page. Press "apply band" configuration. Check if you have a connection on band 71. You verify by pressing *#0011#

View solution in original post

userGuJnFyAnvN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much unfortunately I was able to force the phone into band 71 configuration however the speeds were terribly slow signal was strong but the band 71 data speeds were under to megabytes per second which is very strange considering it's 5G versus 4G when putting the phone back into the regular normal configuration on band 66 4G the phone operated at a much faster speed as high as 5260 megabytes per second in the same spot area. Maybe tmobile is causing the note 9 to not take advantage of the 5G fully?