cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 9 latest update killed my phone. Black screen completely unresponsive!

As the title implies my Note 9 is now a nothingness with nothingness being the emphasis of it's being. I scheduled and downloaded the latest update to my phone and allowed it to do its thing. When all was done everything seemed fine but less than 5 minutes in BLACKOUT,,,, JUST LITERALLY WENT BLACK. No response to any of the reboot options like 'power on button'  or  'power+volDown+Bix button' NOTHING IS WORKING!!! HELLPPP. Also no haptic feedback when the charger is plugged in. I'm seriously FREAKING OUT!! If it matters at all it's on the Sprint network!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Note 9 latest update killed my phone. Black screen completely unresponsive!

Hello@userejFa24nw4w 

Have you try to force restart your device. If not please flowing steps below.
1. Press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button
Simultaneously until the device screen turns off.
2. If the device (galaxy Note9) screen stays black and you’re unable to see if it has
Turned off, keep holding down the power and volume down buttons
Until you feel a vibration.
3. To reboot, just press and hold the power button until the screen turns on
And you should shortly feel a vibration indication that the your device is booting up.

i hope this was helpful.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same exact issue. Now, I am unable to unlock my phone sometimes and other times I can barely read it. Called ATT they did nothing. Called Samsung, and they bounced me around to three different people only to have the third on hang up on me because it was quitting time. They say my phone is no longer under warranty and apparently that means means they can push out updates, break phones, and then force the customer to pay for it. Go get a new phone, because they wont repair it for you without causing major inconvenience or requiring you pay for something.

Highlighted
Constellation

What I NEED is someone working for SamSang (pun intended, sang being past tense  JUST LIKE MY NOTE9) that's still dead as a door nail!! You would think that a company that boasts the credentials that Samsung does that I'd  get at least a reply from a customer service rep trying to help me out.  BUT NOPE. I'm not one to be petty but when you spend as much as a college debt for a doctrine on a slew of products from a rebutable corporation such as Samsung, they could acknowledge me. Am I wrong for thinking this? I've never before felt like a number in a sea of infinites untill now. Thanks Samsung for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help out your "valued customers" in our times of need BECAUSE YOUR FORCED UPGRADE KILLED YOUR PRODUCT !! IM BECOMING VERY LIVID QUITE QUICKLY with their lack of enthusiasm on destroying a week or twos amount of my time that I lose spending with my family so I can earn money to BUY THIS JUNK!! I THINK NOT,,,,,  Somebody better ANSWER ME from Samsung or this thread will need some supervision because its gonna get real stupid in here real fast and in a hurry

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would be happy to assist you further with your Note 9. Can you please provide me with your full model number, baseband version, and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.