cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TONEYCROSS
Cosmic Ray

Note 9 overheating with camera active and get a pop up warning shutting down cam-

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was out walking my dog and as i passed a field of flowers i thought id try out the cam on my new Note 9. I made 2-3 very short super slo mo vids.. seems like it would not allow anything longer than maybe 2 seconds.. irritating.. however after the 2-3 vids, i switched to auto camera mode, I noticed the back of my phone through my Samsung rugged case, felt extremely hot. I though how strange.. i kept shotting some simple pics in auto mode until i got a pop up that said-

WARNING

Temperature too high to use Camera.

Wait for phone to cool down before using Camera.

CLOSE

I could not use the Camera for 20 min.. so I removed the case and let the phone sit on the table.

I am also experiecing lag, and freezes that require home button, and it also gets highlighted since ive touched home but if just sits there until it catches up.. with 6 gigs of RAM, and $1k later, i dont feel like I should not  have to limit my cam usage or wait for the phone to get to the home screen and catch up.... WHAT IS GOING ON?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TONEYCROSS
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 overheating with camera active and get a pop up warning shutting down cam-

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you Larry, Samsung Corporate reached out to me today and over night air UPS sending me a replacement device and said a representative will meet me in public place of my choosing in a couple of days to get my old device. They are allowing me several days to move things to the new phone. I appreciate this outstanding customer service. I appreciate and thank Samsung Corporate Offices.

23 REPLIES 23
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 overheating with camera active and get a pop up warning shutting down cam-

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

Charlie Sand
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same issue on my Note 9 today. Was shooting video at FHD 1920x1080 and after a few minutes the phone got very hot and the warning message popped up then the camera shut down. The video clips were from 1 to 4 minutes long. I could not use the camera for 15 minutes or so. It was a warm day at 90 degrees, but I have had a GS5 and a GS7 and shot longer videos in much hotter weather and not had a issue with over heating. 

Charlie Sand
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, here is my info on the Note 9 Carrier: T Mobile Broadband: N960USQS1ARH6 Model: SM-N960U
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TONEYCROSS

@userdISJT0z4Bs

@Charlie Sand

Can I have you send me the following information via private message?

Full Name

Email Address

Street Address

Phone Number

Place of Purchase

Full Model Code

IMEI Number

TONEYCROSS
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent-

TONEYCROSS
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model Code- SM-N960U

BASE BAND- N960USQS1ARH6

MY CARRIER- Xfinity Mobile

Build-  M1AJQ.N960USQS1ARH6

TONEYCROSS
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you Larry, Samsung Corporate reached out to me today and over night air UPS sending me a replacement device and said a representative will meet me in public place of my choosing in a couple of days to get my old device. They are allowing me several days to move things to the new phone. I appreciate this outstanding customer service. I appreciate and thank Samsung Corporate Offices.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TONEYCROSS wrote:

Samsung Corporate reached out to me today and over night air UPS sending me a replacement device and said a representative will meet me in public place of my choosing in a couple of days to get my old device. They are allowing me several days to move things to the new phone. I appreciate this outstanding customer service.

That's not customer service. That's Samsung being terrified that a second Note9 will catch fire. Many of these phones overheat dramatically and Samsung is desperate to find out why before it's too late. 

Their customer service, by contrast, is to deliver pre-ordered phones more than a month after the "guaranteed" delivery date, even though millions of other customers ordererd much later and received the phones much sooner.