cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersMizsjaHE9
Constellation

Re: Note 9 overheating with camera active and get a pop up warning shutting down cam-

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I to, am having the same issue..for the last month, I've been attempting to film my son's soccer games as well as my daughter's cheer competitions and have been unsuccessful.  I am also filming at 1080p 60fps...I'm lucky to get 3m of film before the dreaded overheating message.  I've had every Note since the 4 with the exception of the 5 and have only ever encountered this issue on the 4.  Even through all the apparent Note7 battery issues I NEVER had an issue even at 4k...Same with the Note 8.  I'm very frustrated at this point because this is our ONLY means of photo and video at this time, which is really the main reason I've continued acquiring the new Notes when they release.  Anything that could be done would be greatly appreciated!

user3mpRNQ7jKU
Constellation

Re: Note 9 overheating with camera active and get a pop up warning shutting down cam-

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the Note 9 not even two weeks ago and having same issues with it overheating while trying to record a video.

KoreanTV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like Samsung panicking and doing damage control.  Not another exploding battery.  Batteries explode and kill when overheated.

usereMZ3jougaX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I came back to Samsung after a 5 year absence. The Note 9 looked the business so I pre-ordered and duly received my phone. I bought it as it seemed to have a great camera, perfect for filming my son's football games. What can I say? It wouldn't film for a minute without the 'temperature' pop up. I cleared system cache as instructed by a Samsung support operative. No joy. I then factory reset the phone. Tried to film the following weekend, same again, about a minute of footage before it shutdown.  'Made for creating' the advertisements said. I can't create anything. I have sent it back to Samsung to be looked at and hope that is repaired successfully or replaced with a new handset. Very unimpressed to be fair. 😞