JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 randomly opening apps

(Topic created: 09-12-2018 07:13 PM)
userteB8FOcSxG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Everytime I get a notification from an app, like messages or B/R, and slide the notification bar down, the phone automatically selects the notification and opens the app. Even after I've swiped the notification to dismiss it. It's very annoying, please fix this asap Samsung.

P.S.

I've already restarted my phone. I restart it once a week so that is not the solution.

31 Replies
User89898989
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userteB8FOcSxG Just to confirm, does this happen with all notifications, or just certain apps? Also, have you tried testing this while the phone is in Safe Mode

0 Likes
userteB8FOcSxG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yee, this happens with all notifications, including email, music, podcasts, etc. I have not tried using it on safe mode, I don't see how that will make a difference. Also, I shouldn't have to use safe mode, this issue should not be happening in the first place

User89898989
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userteB8FOcSxG Testing the phone is Safe Mode will help us to determine what is the cause of the issues you're experiencing. Once we know the cause then we can work on a resolution. 

userkf1mdgqbva
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My note 9 is opening all different apps, just popping up, without a notification.. I'm just on my phone and within the last 10 minutes,  7 different apps popped up/opened up by itself.  How do I test it in safe mode? Meaning what am I looking for once I turn safe mode on? Thanks

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can you give this a try for me? It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes.

Device maintenance > App issue report

Jvillarreal07
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was able to turn my phone on safemode and all the other apps that open automatically are not options to choose so of course I am not going to get notifications from them, however it would happen to my text messages as well but in Safemode it doesnt happen. How would I know what application is causing this issue? Because NOT in safemode, it continues to happen even after dismissing a notification. 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If the problem doesn't occur when the device is in safe mode then a third party app is causing this. You may have to delete your apps one by one starting with the most recent until you find the one causing this.

Jvillarreal07
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How would I know which one it is? I had many of my apps downloaded at the same time. Are you saying that the Apps are causing this? How would a phone get realeased that cant handle my basic apps from the Playstore? Asking me to sit here and delete my apps that I downloaded to specifically use on my phone is not realistic. Is this really the only solution you guys have come up with? I know I am not the only one having this issue. 

0 Likes
userGZEZaquvJG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue. I turn on my phone to find apps open, with data randomly input. Sometimes paragraphs of gibberish, which I have to manually delete. The apps that are opening vary wildly, from Rick Steves travel site to Chomp text app, to apps I haven't used in months or longer. Edits are made to calendar entries. Etc Etc. These are all apps I have haad for months and years, all previously installed on my LG V20, none of which have exhibited this issue prior to buying this phone .  Would appreciate some guidance, short of going through apps one at a time.