JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 randomly opening apps

(Topic created: 09-09-2018 07:15 PM)
userteB8FOcSxG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Everytime I get a notification from an app, like messages or B/R, and slide the notification bar down, the phone automatically selects the notification and opens the app. Even after I've swiped the notification to dismiss it. It's very annoying, please fix this asap Samsung.

P.S.

I've already restarted my phone. I restart it once a week so that is not the solution.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
useraRMVolMWcw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same here and I've been on Samsung since note 4 then s7 edge now note 9 yet my rooted s7 didn't act this bad. 

@userGZEZaquvJG wrote:

Same issue. I turn on my phone to find apps open, with data randomly input. Sometimes paragraphs of gibberish, which I have to manually delete. The apps that are opening vary wildly, from Rick Steves travel site to Chomp text app, to apps I haven't used in months or longer. Edits are made to calendar entries. Etc Etc. These are all apps I have haad for months and years, all previously installed on my LG V20, none of which have exhibited this issue prior to buying this phone .  Would appreciate some guidance, short of going through apps one at a time. 

0 Likes
userzErV7mPDfC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungKim1 wrote:

If the problem doesn't occur when the device is in safe mode then a third party app is causing this. You may have to delete your apps one by one starting with the most recent until you find the one causing this.

So how is it then that I have the same apps on my note 9 as was on my s8 but the s8 didn't do this? Used smart switch to move everything so we know it's identical. I've been having the same problem since day one on my note 9. Stop telling us we need to delete apps and fix the problem.

Solution
userjFinlTaU6A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

so had the same issue and found a solution that works for me on another site. Its acutally cause of my galaxy watch, anytime a notification comes through and Im on my phone and i flip my wrist the notification on my watch automatically opens the app on the phone. Its a setting called smart relay in the galaxy wearables app. In app go to settings/notifications//smart relay 

userjFinlTaU6A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

assuming this fixes the problem for some if not everyone on here it seems silly that the people that run this board didnt know that

userteB8FOcSxG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I honestly had given up until I read this. Thanks for saving my sanity

user5Hakxgse4Z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This fixed it for me.  I assumed it was something to do with my new watch. Thanks. 

@userjFinlTaU6A wrote:

so had the same issue and found a solution that works for me on another site. Its acutally cause of my galaxy watch, anytime a notification comes through and Im on my phone and i flip my wrist the notification on my watch automatically opens the app on the phone. Its a setting called smart relay in the galaxy wearables app. In app go to settings/notifications//smart relay 

user6VFDQRFDW8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Happening to me also and is aggravating. I rarely use my phone yet it calls people. It called my lawyer!! More than once! I never called him from my cell phone!! 

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello @user6VFDQRFDW8, I understand this can be very frustrating for you. Try going into your settings > display. Make sure Accidental touch pro and Touch Sensitivity is on.

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

On the Note 9 you can safe mode by holding Volume Down as soon as you release the Power button to boot up. When it boots, use it, and wait for a notification or three. Does the problem still happen?

It's not a "I fixed it but you have to rock safe mode for the rest of your life" thing, it's like asking "Ninjas or Pirates" on a first date. You can't get a definitive answer with just that, but it's about to factor into a lot as you look deeper.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
0 Likes
djlonewolfhd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah I'm having the same issue, regardless of app