cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5aK2SoOrbV
Cosmic Ray

Note 9 running on 2018 OS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone! I recently upgraded from my Note 8 (which was current on software updates, including Pie) to a new Note 9 and my Note 9 is running on 11/2018 software. I tried manually checking for updates and it tells me I'm on the current update. That cannot be true because my Note 8 was running on Pie with a May 2019 security patch when I upgraded. Sprint over the phone was zero help. They did tell me I could try going to a Sprint repair shop and they may be able to push the updates I'm looking for. These are updates that have been released (Dec 2018-May2019). I'm not trying to get an update before it's been released, which is how Sprint interpreted my question. So I was wanting to know if anyone can tell me what is your current running software on your Note 9? And if anyone thinks the Sprint store could actually force push the past updates I'm looking for? Thank you all for your time!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I just got my phone, not comfortable sending it anywhere....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, Your service provider will be able to push through the updates to the most recent. You will not miss out on any features.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 running on 2018 OS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend visiting your local Ubreakifix to see if they can assist you with getting the software onto your device.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

TMoney9676
Constellation

Local Sprint stores cannot push updates.....I would recom...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Local Sprint stores cannot push updates.....I would recommend going to the U Break We Fix It store...they are Samsung authorized

user5aK2SoOrbV
Cosmic Ray

Ok, great! Thanks for the advice. And I'll try to find a...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, great! Thanks for the advice. And I'll try to find a local place. Appreciate it!

user5aK2SoOrbV
Cosmic Ray

I don't have any local ubreakifix stores around me. The c...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have any local ubreakifix stores around me. The closest one is 4 hours away. Any other suggestions?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I don't have any local ubreakifix stores around me. The c...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since you don't have a UBreakIFix location near you. We recommend sending in your device for service. Can you send a PM here with your full model number and IMEI?

user5aK2SoOrbV
Cosmic Ray

I just got my phone, not comfortable sending it anywhere....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got my phone, not comfortable sending it anywhere. Will the past updates eventually catch up to my phone?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand, If you don't want to send in your device, I recommend continuing to reach out to your service provider regarding this. It may be best if you go into the Sprint store for them to further look at your device.

user5aK2SoOrbV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I'm going to give my local Sprint store a try. Again I'm looking for updates that have been released from Dec to May. I'm missing all those past updates. You didn't answer if my Note 9 will eventually catch up with the old updates or not?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, Your service provider will be able to push through the updates to the most recent. You will not miss out on any features.

View solution in original post