cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iceblu12177
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 speaker problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem I am experiencing on YouTube is the sound seems to be fine at first and then  some minutes into the video the sound itself seems to widen  I don't know if u understand what I mean. It's as if at first the voice is coming threw the center channel and then all the sudden now the voice is super wide its very weird but annoying . I'm gonna have to try and watch a movie offline and see if it still happens 

userKAf2PDm5RN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is the 512 us version and doing the same thing. Really annoying 

FYLegend21
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It still happens when you force mono audio, so it is independent of stereo separation but maybe has to do with EQ of the individual speakers. 

It seems after the latest ARJ7 update the problem is still here but is somewhat different. On YouTube Vanced I notice that in some videos with narration the volume pans left and right slightly, with the top speaker increasing in sibilance or treble and the right speaker fading out slightly. If I repeat the same section of the video, it happens again, but if I plug a headphone and unplug it, that part of the video sounds normal with the speakers.

As for games, it still happens occasionally. It's not very noticeable in Alto's Odyssey or Asphalt 9, but Horizon Chase sounds pretty bad on startup.

user7wwF3T0HQG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine as well or it goes completely out I jave had to brand new notes sent and its going it on those plus my sons and husband note 9

userBrPjd70gaS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue has anyone figured out if it is a hardware problem or software? I can't get any confirmation from any sources. 

Mothership
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, US model. I hope this issue gets a fix via software. Note 9 is awesome, but this issue really bums me out for a $1000 phone. 

FYLegend21
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still happening on the latest sofware update (Exynos version). I tried discussing the issue with Samsung Experience Canada staff, though they can't service an overseas phone they said they would escalate my comment. However, the staff member did tell me nobody has complained about the issue to the store except that last week someone noticed a buzzing sound out of the speakers.

usergaHNg9Htnh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you have an galaxy watch connect to your note 9?

userp44Zd3rERz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've noticed the he issue since purchase 

FYLegend21
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Is it just me or does not using the speakers at maximum volume prevent or reduce the chances of it happening?

I'm wondering if people here can describe when and where they got their Note 9. If it was a hardware defect, maybe only a certain batch of both Snapdragon and Exynos devices were affected.