Constellation

Re: Note 9 text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you Tidbitty
userAYq4RRcqwF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

outstanding! the tmobile store 'salesperson' did not know and was completely clueless...was more intuitive on the note5

c2gemineyes
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank u Tidbitty

Loubie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In addition to being set under Advance Features, in order for the Swipe to Call to work you must go to the Recents calls screen of the Phone App, click on the 3 dots menu, then on  Show Messages.  Now you can swipe left or right to either make a call or send a message.

Loubie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found that the Swipe to call doesn't work from the Conversations screen under Messages,  as it used to be in my Note 4. That's what throws people off, because Conversations and Recents have similar look. And it would make sense that if you are in message screen you may want to call instead of sending a message.  The Swipe to Call only works on the Recents calls screen in the Phone app. 

So my work around is to always open the Phone app with the Show Messages checked.  In that way I can use the swipe to call on phone calls and messages received.  

Loubie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found that the Swipe to call doesn't work from the Conversations screen under Messages,  as it used to be in my Note 4. That's what throws people off, because Conversations and Recents have similar look. And it would make sense that if you are in message screen you may want to call instead of sending a message.  The Swipe to Call only works on the Recents calls screen in the Phone app. 

So my work around is to always open the Phone app with the Show Messages checked.  In that way I can use the swipe to call on phone calls and messages received.  

userYT55suPwAh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently lost text messages. How do i get them back??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYT55suPwAh    You will need to check with your service provider to see if the messages can be recovered.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.