cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhUqYnafde6
Asteroid

Note9 Calendar Edge Removed Message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a message on my Note 9 reading "The Calendar Edge feature will be removed in March 2018." 

Is the entire Calendar going to be removed, or just the calendar edge panel? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note9 Calendar Edge Removed Message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhUqYnafde6 Thanks for reaching out. To answer your question it's just the Calendar Edge panel.

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhUqYnafde6 Thanks for reaching out. To answer your question it's just the Calendar Edge panel.

userBDDapM0mEc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why though? I love that feature. It makes it so easy to just swipe and check my schedule for the day. Is it going to be replaced with anything similar?

userK5gxQeOnOS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

that's a shame and something i can't understand at all. it was the single most used feature of my S7E. won't buy any samsung devices any more (not just because of this, but that's the nail in the coffin)

userT8wAR7HvO1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BRING BACK THE CALENDAR EDGE!!!!!!

@@

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well, I certainly hope that you don't think that I got something to do with it!! LOL..
userPtFZLmnxWo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use this feature all the time. What will you be replacing it with?

dreamjeannie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This message "The Calendar Edge feature will be removed March 2019" also displayed on my Samsung S8.  I LOVE this Feature, use it all the time, and it keeps icon clutter off the Home Screen.  It would be a shame to lose this practical Samsung feature without a future replacement in development/design.

user2jXX42PCjB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm reading through a bunch of threads, but unfortunately I'm not seeing an answer to the question "why?" I use it all the time, and it's very useful. Are you getting rid of it completely, or replacing it with something? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use a workaround.  All my icons are on my home page.  Just one single page.  (Apps in Folders sorted by type such as tools, Media, Videos, Social media...) and on the second page, I have a full page widget with the calendar.  Scroll right, I have my calendar.  Easier to see and just as fast to get to.  Something to try maybe.